Louis POV : Part 16

After Eleanor leaves I head straight to my room.  I am so confused.  I thought her kissing me is what I wanted to happen.  I almost feel guilty.  I heard the doorbell ring so I should find out who it was.  I need to take my mind off of this and put it behind me.  I pull myself together and go to see where Harry went off to.  I hear voices coming from his room so I go there.

I open the door and the first thing I see is Jill.  I can't believe she came back.  I wonder if it's because of my texts.  "I came back," she says.

"Good," I say, "Welcome home."  I don't want to seem too happy and before I make a fool of myself I leave the room.

I am thankful she decided to come back.  It gives me a second chance to become friends and maybe even more.  Who knows what'll happen?  I'm going to stop feeling sorry for myself and move on with my life.  I feel good about the future.  I couldn't say that a few days ago.

"We are going out to eat, do you want to come with us?" Jill asks, she must have followed me out.

"Are you asking me out?" I say jokingly.

"That's the first time I've seen you smile since I've been here."  I hadn't even realized I was smiling but knowing she noticed just makes me smile bigger.

Harry joins us and we all walk out to his car.  I get in the back and Jill sits up front.  "So are you two going to get along?" Harry asks as he looks at me in the rear view mirror.  Neither of us answer.  I just smile.

When we get to the restaurant it isn't anywhere I've been before but the hostess seems to know Harry and Jill.  Am I really that out of the loop? She takes us to a booth in the far corner where it's a little more private.  The waitress comes over and already knows what they're going to order.  "How often did you used to come here?" I ask.  More importantly why wasn't I invited before?

"We used to come here with my ex," Jill replies.

For the first time since my breakup I can honestly say I am having a good time.  It's like 3 friends just hanging out and joking around.  I like Jill's laugh.  I think I want to hear it more often.  What's even better about being here is that nobody can really see us where we are so that means we haven't been bothered.  Sometimes it is crazy when Harry and I are out together.  Harry and Jill seem to be so close and I feel a little left out that I have never met her before.  I want to get to know her as well as Harry knows her.  I'll have to get her alone at some point.