Louis POV : Part 44

Zayn's new flat is amazing.  I wish I would have found it myself.  It has all the characteristics of my dream home.  I am going to have to find me one of these.  I love living with Harry but we can't be roommates forever.  I've had a bit to drink but I'm not going crazy.  Jill seems to really like that punch bowl.  I am going to have to keep an eye on her tonight.

I walk over to her and kiss her on the cheek.  She looks amazing tonight.  That shirt she is wearing drives me crazy and that skirt...wow.  I love to party but right now all I want to do is be somewhere with her alone.  "You are beautiful," I say into her ear.

"You too, Louis," she says, "well not beautiful but very very very very..."

"That's a lot of verys.  You must be very very drunk."

"Not very.  I've only had like 3 of these," she says as she holds up her empty cup.  "And you're very handsome."

"Let's get you some fresh air."  I take her hand and we walk outside.  "I really like you."  Well that wasn't what I expected to tell her.  We sit down on a bench out in the backyard.  I put my arm around her to keep her warm.

"We don't have to do this now."

"But I want to.  I like you so much.  We have so much fun together.  When we are together I am my most happiest." She hugs me and I hug her back.  It was hard for me to say and she knows that just like I know it will be hard for her to express to me.

I can tell she has something to say to me but before she can speak a word we are joined by the entire party.  "There you two are!" Zayn says while patting me on the back.  "It's time!"

"10!9!8!7!6!5!4!3!2!1! Happy New Year!"

We all hug each other and give kisses on the cheek.  I get to Jill last and pull her in for a kiss.  I can hear the fireworks from the city going off but I don't bother looking.  I have my own fireworks going off right here.  I don't want to stop kissing her.  We finally pull away from each other and watch the rest of firework display in the sky.  I can hear her say "so cool" to herself.  I guess she didn't want anyone to hear.  Everyone and their girl's are out watching the fireworks. I look around at the 4 guys I call my brothers and they're all so happy.  I exchange glances with Harry and he just gives me a thumbs up.  I smile back.

I want to tell her that I love her but I'm scared.  This would be the perfect time to do it.  The fireworks are just about finished.  I am holding her in my arms.  We are surrounded by some of my closest friends.  There is something in the air that tells me that this is right.  2014 is going to be our year.  I take her hand and walk her to a quiet corner of the yard.  It is dark besides the moonlight shining down on us.  She shrugs her shoulders up.  It is cold out here and we both aren't wearing any coats.  I rub up and down her arms fast to try to keep her warm but she laughs and pulls away.  "Your hands are freezing, Louis!" She shrieks.  I wish I knew what was going through her head.  I wish I knew if she feels this strongly.

"Sorry we can go in if you want."  I begin to walk inside but she stays put so I walk back towards her.  "We have something special here, don't we?"

"I love you, Louis.  I just love you so much.  I've been trying to hide it or push it down somewhere but I can't.  It's too strong.  I know you're going to be busy and I'm probably moving out soon but I don't care.  I want to be with you and only you and I hope that doesn't scare you."

I can't believe she said it first.  I wanted to say it first.  That's why I brought her over here.  I was going to have the romantic speech.  Wait, she loves me?  "I love you too, babe, me and you...we can get through anything."