CHAPTER 6

"Arnav wake up." Ratna threatened

"Mom just 1hour sleep"10years old arnav complained.

"If you don't get up I would eat all the cookies I made." Ratna was about to leave when arnav shouted.

"Am awake." She smiled at him

"Go and take your bath and come down for breakfast ." He nodded his head and ratna remade his bed and went downstairs.

"Mom let's play hide and seek." Arnav spoke

" Okay ,you hide while I seek." She suggested and he nod.

Arnav hid behind the chair and ratna started counting.

"Arnava arnav arnav." Arnav giggled.

Ratna saw him and decided to scare him.she walked behind him and.

"Boom." Arnav screamed.

"Mom " he whined while holding his chest from jumping.

The next evening.

Ratna took arnav behind the house garden and they started planting seeds of a  flower.

Everyday they water it together.
That's when they  heard some one clearing his throat when ratna turned she froze.

Arnav didn't know the strange man who claims to be his father, his mother never spoked about his father and he never asked,he was happy he had a father.

They moved to his house and he learnt he had a sister, a sister who never acknowledge his presence.

Everything was fine for two weeks then the man he trusted to be his father started beating his mother.

"Mom bake me pie." Arnav whined.

Ratna and arnav were laughing and making the kitchen mess when his father came in the kitchen.

"Dad." Young arnav spoke.

"You bastard child." He spoke bitterly.

He grabbed ratna hair and slapped her.

"Leave my mom alone." Arnav pulled arvid hand.

Arvid became angry and took a knife and cut through his chest.

Arnav screamed.

Arnav woke up with a jerk and started sobbing Khushi held his hands.

"Arnav you have to let it out, trust me."

"I ...i.". He didn't know what to say.

"shhh I  know you have gone through alot and it's haunting you, first you have to let it out and since is confidential you can sue me if I tell anyone." She smiled at him

Arnav didn't know  what his mind was telling him but he decided to give a try.

"My mother and I..." He began.

She stared at his eyes gesturing him to continue.

"My mom got married to my father when she was young, my parents had an arrange marriage, my father never loved my mom.

He would cheat on her but she would always stay with him she gave birth to my sister Anjali, my dad loved Anjali and anjali was Papa's child.

Dad always pretend my mother never exist, one day my mom was about to tell him the good news of him getting a new member when he came with his friend.