Truths and Lies- Ch. 7

Midoriya sat in the empty classroom while tapping his pencil on his notebook. He stared out the window as he watched the beautiful cherry blossom petals blow in the wind. He was a bit startled when he felt someone wrap their arms around him. They weren't the same as last time though. This time half the hug was warm and the other half was cold.

"Todoroki...?" Midoriya assumed it was from his quirk but he wasn't fully sure since the heterochromatic eyed boy never seemed to care that much about anything. But here he was, hugging the greenette tightly, as if he were going to disappear.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" He said slightly above a whisper. Midoriya was confused to say the least. Why was the mysterious, straight faced boy so concerned about someone like him? Midoriya was confused on why anyone would care, actually.

"I don't know-"

"Don't lie. I know what it's like, loosing someone you love. Getting hurt by the people you care about, thinking they cared about just as much as you cared for them. This scar...was from my mother. She poured boiling hot water on my left side; my father's side. The man drove her insane with the constant pain he put everyone around him through. She ended up being put in a mental hospital. That's why I refused to use my left side, so I can prove to my old man I can be a hero without his power," Todoroki explained as he pulled out of the hug to look into the greenette's alluring emerald eyes.

"Your power..." Midoriya finally mumbled softly after a minute of silence. Todoroki looked at the boy quizzically, which the greenette noticed before speaking up, "You said his power but I don't see him activating your quirk when you use it. That's because he can't. That quirk is yours and yours alone. Just like your ice quirk. Sure, it may remind you of your parents but you have to realize that they shouldn't overtake your life. You are you, Todoroki. I know how much a quirk might feel like a burden, but you have to use it. Use it to help the people. Even if you don't see the beauty in it, others most definitely will. I'm not sure if my opinion matters, but I'm sure your fire side is wonderful no matter how bad you say it is."

Before Midoriya could look up from his notebook, he was engulfed in yet another hug. "Thank you..." Todoroki mumbled. The greenette just awkwardly wrapped his arms around the boy. The position they were in was quite awkward after all. Midoriya was still sitting in his seat while Todoroki was standing up, crouched over him. The freckled faced boy just lightly rubbed circles on the boy's back while they stayed in the empty classroom.

"Hey Midoriya?" Todoroki mumbled as he pulled away from the hug. The greenette just hummed in response as he smiled at the taller boy. "Why are you here so early? Or at all? Shouldn't you be at...um.." Todoroki realized his mistake. The boy had just lost his mother so what home did he have to go to? He remembered Bakugo mentioning something about the greenette not living with his father so that was out of the question. So where did he go last night?

"No, I'm fine. I'm only here so early because Aizawa had to discuss something with Nezu. And if you're wondering, I was adopted by Aizawa so right now housing isn't an issue," Midoriya explained as he laughed.

"So shouldn't your name be Izuku Aizawa then?" Todoroki questioned as he sat down in Sero's desk; the one right by Midoriya's.

"Well I just decided that I would stick with Midoriya since it would get some people would get confused. Knowing me as Midoriya for a week then the next you would have to stick with Aizawa? Not happening. So what do you think we're doing today?" The greenette quickly changed the topic since he didn't want to say more than needed.

After a couple of minutes, Iida walked into the classroom and headed over to the two boys to chat. One by one the class filed into the classroom, some surprised at how happy the greenette looked. Uraraka walked in and she looked around for the greenette frantically, eager to talk to him after last nights conversation. She noticed that the greenette was surrounded by people talking to him about who knows what. She took a breath and started to head towards him until someone bumped her shoulder while rushing past her. She noticed a blur before she heard yelling.