Runaway- Ch. 24

Buzzzz. Buzzzz. Buzzzz.

Bakugo woke up as he heard his alarm go off. He groaned as he moved his hand to look for his phone. He froze when he felt a fluffy material near him. He dragged his hand across it, loving how soft it was. The material was also on top of him. That's when he looked to the side of him.

Laying on his stomach, Midoriya slept peacefully with small, soft snores escaping his mouth. Bakugo quickly and quietly found his phone to turn off the alarm. He set a timer for ten minutes; he still had time and he probably wouldn't have another opportunity like this again. The ash blond rolled to his side once again and buried his face in the white wings as best as he could. He didn't even know how the two ended up sleeping side by side, but he wasn't complaining.

He fell asleep for a little too long. When he woke up he noticed a groggy Midoriya looking at him with half lidded eyes and his eyebrows furrowed. The greenette was lazily shaking the ash blond awake. "Kacchannnnn turn off your alarm..."

The crimson eyed boy reached for his phone and looked at it. It took a minute before his eyes adjusted to the light his phone gave off. He blinked a couple of times as he read the time. His eyes widened as he scrambled to get up. He took note that the greenette had fallen back asleep. He groaned at the cold air that was biting at his skin. What the fuck? Why is it so cold? Did the temperature drop or are his wings just warm compared to my room?

He pushed the thought away for now as he rushed around his room trying to get ready for school. It was now Tuesday, but he remembered that Midoriya said he wasn't allowed to go to school today. The ash blond carefully avoided the white wings that were still in the way; he wasn't paying attention when he slipped on one of the greenette's crutches. He landed on the floor with a loud thud. He muttered a plethora of curse words under his breath.

Bakugo recovered quickly and got ready for the school day. He grabbed his phone from off of the floor and checked the time. SHITTTT I'M GONNA BE FUCKING LATE! CURSE THAT NERD AND HIS COMFORTABLE, WARM, FLUFFY WINGS! He rushed out of the room and headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth before he left for school.

---------

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Midoriya jolted awake with a deafening scream coming from his mouth. He felt as if he had screamed his lungs out. He clutched his chest as sweat fell down his face. Why was the dream so vivid when it didn't even happen?

He and his mother were sitting in a small field of flowers; it was and still is one of his happiest memories, even if his mother did bring up bad thoughts most of the time.

They were laughing and having fun as Izuku would pick a flower and happily show it to his mother as she laughed back, picking up the flower and explaining all she knew about them.

The next thing Izuku heard was a small gasp. He looked over to his mother to see her mouth hung open, with no sound coming out.

He turned to see the villains looking at him with a pleased look. He wanted to ask him something but he couldn't speak. How odd. He recognized Shigaraki right away, standing there with a smug smirk on his face, "You really are dangerous, look what you did. Maybe we can help you with that if you join us."

Izuku looked towards his mother again as tears trickled down her face. She was slowly being consumed by flames. Blue flames to be exact. Izuku watched as he slowly disappeared until all that was left were ashes.

He tried to scream out to her, he tried to help her, but he couldn't. Tears pricked his eyes as he looked down; the blue flames still spread, burning the flowers that were once there and replacing them with the same ash his mother was. Izuku looked over to Dabi with his lip trembling. The villain gave a smirk as he shrugged and gestured behind the greenette.