Talk it Out- Ch. 25

Light poured through the window near the bed where Midoriya is currently resting. The greenette sensed the bright light and shifted in the bed due to discomfort. He groaned as he felt his back aching and slowly opened his eyes. He looked around and noticed the familiar white wings draped over the bed, eventually falling off and onto the floor on the right side, while to his left, they climbed up the wall. He took note of the pastel blue sweater that covered his chest, but also noticed little bits of the same material scattered near him. Great, more clothes ruined. His eyes trailed further down the bed until he was met with a familiar red color.

His emerald eyes continued to trail up the red thing until he saw familiar messy blond hair. Hawks turned towards him, noting that he was awake. Midoriya was handed his pills for his back and a glass of water that were both previously sitting on the nightstand. Now that he was looking, Midoriya realized that the room was not his dorm room, yet it was still familiar to him.

He took the pills and set the glass down, making a small noise echo through the room. He looked down at his foot to see it was rewrapped with a new bandage; his crutches were at the end of the bed. "You know, if you wanted to get away from everyone, you could have just called me so you could stay here. You didn't have to scare everyone and run off like that..."

Here? Midoriya thought as he observed the room better than before. Now he recognized the room; it was one of the guest bedrooms in Hawks' house. The greenette looked down at his hands, remembering the trouble he had caused. His throat tightened as he tried to force a couple of words out of his mouth, "I'm sorr-"

A hand was immediately clamped over his mouth, preventing him from speaking. "Nope. I'm not gonna have any of that. I was the one who offered to take you here," Hawks smiled playfully at the greenette, earning a small smile in return after the hand was lifted off of it. The hero looked around the room, "Ok how about we move you to a different room? You know, one with a bigger bed for your wings." Midoriya wanted to protest but Hawks already started grabbing the crutches from the end of the bed.

Midoriya smiled meekly as he scratched his cheek, "Thanks..." He turned to his right and left to see his wings, then to the warm bed where he was laying. Oh. That's why it was warm. He looked to see a small pile of blood from where his back was. Hawks seemed to notice the blood on the sheets and just glanced at the greenette's back. You could see the wings just forcing some of the skin on the back away to make room for themselves.

The hero was quick to say something so the freckled teen wouldn't feel bad about the bed, "Hey, it's fine. It's not like it's something we can't fix. Let's just get you somewhere a little more comfortable."

Midoriya smiled and choked out a laugh, "Th-that's like what Shouta said when I..." His voice trailed off at the end and he unintentionally started to tuck his wings away as he ducked his head down.

Hawks moved closer, "Hey! You don't need to do that. Come on, obviously that won't help your situation right now so... actually stay like that really quick." The greenette looked up confused until he was scooped up.

"Hey! What are you-NO!" He started laughing as the winged hero ran around the house with him in his arms. The freckled teen laughed and closed his eyes, only to open them again to see the garden that he loved so much. His smile only grew wider.

"There! I personally think a smile looks better on you than a frown," the blond looked down and beamed at the greenette. Midoriya looked off to the side to see a couple of red feathers placing his crutches down in the grass. "I'm sure that those crutches are a pain to use to get around. So I thought I could just carry you. I wanted to do this anyways."

"Do wha-" the teen was cut off with one flap of Hawks' wings. There were more to follow until they were a good distance off of the ground. Midoriya marveled at the sight. There was forest that went on for miles; the beautiful shades of green all clashed together to create an array of colors as the baby blue sky hovered above them. "Woah..." was all the freckled teen could mutter as his eyes observed the landscape.