Talk with me- Ch. 38

Well shit.

Midoriya's hands felt sweaty as he looked up at the taller boy, breaking eye contact when noticing the worried and desperate look swimming around in those heterochromatic eyes. The greenette pressed his lips into a thin line, knowing what the dual haired teen wanted to discuss.

Green curls bounced as he shook his head, "I'm sorry Todoroki but-"

"Midoriya," the taller teen interrupted. The freckled teen looked up in return but only slightly. "I want to help you just like you helped me," he insisted. Though, he noticed the shorter boy hesitate, seemingly contemplating it.

"I can't! I don't even know why you're still willing to be near me after what I did. I...." the greenette grit out as he stared down at his feet. His hands balled into fists as he held them tightly together, resulting in his knuckles going white from gripping so hard.

A hand was put to his shoulder; Midoriya noted that it was ice cold. Emerald eyes glowed in awe as a string of amber and crimson hues engulfed his vision, the small flames flaring up from his friend's left palm. The flame died out after a short second. The cold hand on Midoriya's shoulder had gone away as he looked up to face the taller male yet again.

"I've been working hard ever since then. Well, I tried coming up with ways to help you for a day or two until I remembered what you said. It occurred to me that I would have to help myself before I could help you. I-" the dual haired teen was cut off as the ten minute bell rang.

Midoriya's head whipped towards the direction of the school. "Midoriya..." The greenette's emerald eyes reluctantly shifted over to look at the taller male. There was a look of hope swirling in those eyes that the freckled teen felt bad; he didn't want to let his friend down, though he didn't want to discuss any of this either. "..can we try to continue this conversation later? Perhaps at lunch?"

The greenette swallowed a lump in his throat as he glanced off to the side, Todoroki being further ahead and closer to the school than he was at the moment. Realizing he wouldn't receive a reply now, the dual haired teen sighed. "I'll be waiting on the rooftop if you decide to come," Todoroki offered before he turned and walked towards the school.

Midoriya stayed frozen in place as he looked down at his hands, taking note of the scars that covered his right hand. He took it and clenched his hand. He was supposed to save people, help people. Isn't that what a hero does? He can't save people if he's the one who needs helping. That's why he decided to distance himself in the first place so that no one would have to worry. But...It would be rather rude of him to let Todoroki eat lunch alone....

---------
Tap tap tap.

The pencil hit his paper as his leg bounced up and down, emerald eyes flickering to the clock on the wall every once and a while. He was nervous to talk about everything at lunch; his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to focus on his schoolwork. He stopped tapping the pencil in order to write down his answer.

Moments later he shuffled out of his seat as the bell rang, going outside of the classroom to wait for Todoroki; he assumed that they would walk to the cafeteria together.

Some of his classmates noticed him standing just outside of the door but never commented on it. Midoriya seemed lost in thought so they supposed it was best to leave him be.

A tap on his shoulder brought him back to his senses, although he was a bit startled from the action. He looked up to see Todoroki looking down at him, a small smile playing on his lips. "I was worried that you weren't going to talk..." Todoroki began as he started to walk, pausing to make sure Midoriya followed.