Hanging Out- Ch. 18

The two arrived at the huge house, with Midoriya staring up at it in awe. Hawks didn't seem phased by the huge home and simply walked towards it while taking out his keys. After leaving the school, there was a car waiting outside for them. Midoriya expected it; he knew he would basically be asking for the villains to take him if he walked around the busy town with a hero.

Hawks opened the door, gesturing the greenette inside. Midoriya quickly used his crutches to go inside. He took a couple of minutes to take in the hallway of the spacious house. A voice brought him back to reality, "Here I'll give you a quick tour."

They explored the house fairly quickly-well as quick as they could with Midoriya on crutches. The greenette noticed that the hero tended to do things at a fast paste and was constantly moving. In fact, most of the tour he was just flying around the house-one reason why the house was enormous in the first place. Though, one thing caught Midoriya's eye; he decided to explore it more once he got the chance.

"I'm going to see what we have to eat. You can do whatever you want," Hawks said as he took off, trusting the boy enough to explore the house for himself. And there was his chance to investigate the place he had been itching to go to.

Midoriya made his way to the huge door. Said door led to a beautiful private garden with a huge open patch of grass to do whatever else. The greenette walked to the empty lot of grass and admired the beautiful green hue it had. He carefully set himself down on the grass, careful of his foot. He smiled, content with the light breeze and the warm heat the sun was giving off. He closed his eyes but quickly opened them again, feeling something off about his back.

The teen proceeded to peel off the blue hoodie he had and slowly stretched out his wings. He rolled over on the grass, laying on his stomach while his inordinate wings began to cover the grass. He laid there, collecting his thoughts and what he would do when he would eventually have to live in the dorms. Just how big would the rooms be? If they were too small, then that would be unbearable; he would feel suffocated, especially since his wings took up a great amount of space. The greenette sighed as he thought of the things that had happened this past week.

Monday was the USJ incident and...he had a lot to deal with on that day. Tuesday...nothing special other than him being caught hurting himself in the bathroom. Which, he admits was a really dumb thing to do. Wednesday or yesterday was when he stayed home but got attacked by villains. Not to mention Aizawa, Recovery Girl, and Nezu had found out about his wings. Today...wasn't so bad now that he thought about it. There was Hawks who found out about his quirk, but somehow Midoriya was oddly comfortable around the hero. Maybe it had to do with the similar quirk.

Midoriya found himself thinking about his 'mother' yet again. He remembered a song that she would always sing to him. Though, the only thing he could remember about it was the beat; he couldn't remember the lyrics so he made up his own. He hadn't realized his low humming turned into soft singing. He enjoyed singing; it was something he often liked to do in his free time. Laying down on the soft grass was relaxing to him. He closed his eyes and sang,

"It could be tomorrow
don't hold on to sorrow
It'll be okay
You'll find your way
Through the tidal waves
And the hard times they all go
They come too but I know
You will be okay
You'll find your way to tomorrow

It could be tomorrow
don't hold on to sorrow
It'll be okay
You'll find your way
Through the tidal waves
And the hard times they all go
They come too but I know
You will be okay
You'll find your way to tomorrow

Cause it could be tomorrow
don't hold on to sorrow
It'll be okay
You'll find your way
Through the tidal waves
And the hard times they all go
They come too but you know
I will be okay
I'll find my way to tomorrow