Returning Home- Ch. 40

Midoriya sensed the tension between Todoroki and Bakugo. Well, it was really more like he sensed the anger that was currently radiating off of Bakugo; the ash blond was almost red from anger, it seemed, as he tugged on the greenette and pulled him close. It was like a protective hug of sorts; Midoriya found it weird that Bakugo was the one to do something like that. To think that his former tormentor would be the one protecting him from someone that wasn't really a threat was weird to think about.

Though, he felt rather uncomfortable with his wings being so close to someone; he didn't want to hurt Bakugo. Plus, the ash blond didn't even know about the flames part of his quirk, at least, he's pretty sure he doesn't know. Maybe Aizawa mentioned it or something? He would have to ask later.

Todoroki appeared to be unfazed by what Bakugo had done, but on the inside he was seething. They were doing just fine without Bakugo here so why did he have to ruin it? Speaking of which... "Why are you here?" the dual haired teen decided to ask. He looked down to Midoriya, who didn't seem to like how Bakugo had him in a protective hug, and looked back up to give a cold glare to Bakugo. Of course, the greenette wasn't looking when he did give Bakugo a dirty look; he wouldn't want to scare the seemingly fragile freckled teen. Albeit he wanted Bakugo to see the hatred filled glare he was displaying; the ash blond was red in the face, most likely not from anger and instead Bakugo probably has a crush on the greenette.

Scratch that, Todoroki knew Bakugo had a crush on Midoriya. That was obvious back at the sports festival. Even though he knew why the two were being secretive, the dual haired teen looked for signs that would indicate the ash blond having a crush on the freckled teen. The heterochromatic boy had spotted a lot, actually. Bakugo tended to lower his voice only slightly when speaking to Midoriya- it was very hard to notice but it was still there. There was the way the boy's crimsion red eyes seemed to soften and his body often moved a bit closer as opposed to away like other people.

Yeah there was no doubt in Todoroki's mind that Bakugo was gay for Midoriya.

To be fair, he couldn't blame him. Midoriya was just too gorgeous, sweet, and absolutely perfect. Todoroki honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were more people after the greenette's heart.

"Why the fuck do you need to know? It's none of your business," he snarled as he pulled Midoriya a bit closer. "Why was he with you anyways?"

"Um Kacchan? I think he has a right to know why you're in his room...." he paused, "Why were you looking for me again?"

Bakugo's grip seemed to loosen as he heard the question. There was an audible huff from him, not wanting to start yelling at Midoriya this moment since he was supposed to be angry at that half and half bastard. "I wanted to know why you've been acting fucking weird for the past two weeks," he grumbled before finally letting go of Midoriya. It's not like he wanted to, but he noticed how tense the shorter boy was.

"Oh..." Midoriya let out as he backed away from the ash blond. His gaze fell to the floor and his eyebrows furrowed. "So happy is weird?" he questioned as his emerald eyes shifted up to meet Bakugo with an unimpressed look in his face.

"No, but pretending that your happy all the god damn time is," he supplied as he inspected the shorter boy for a reaction or response.

Midoriya's questioning look had faltered.

"I just- Can we talk about this tomorrow? I don't wanna keep Todoroki waiting with the homework and I-" he stopped himself, not wanting to be rude and say that he would rather go take a nap then be here. It was partially true; he did want to take a nap but he wanted to see what Todoroki had to say about... his wings. "...nevermind but I really don't wanna talk about this now," he mumbled.