Friendship- Ch. 22

Midoriya sat at the stool, watching Bakugo cook the Katsudon for him. Even though he had just taken a nap, he still felt tired. His wings growing made him feel exhausted. He sighed as he crossed his arms and laid them on the counter, placing his head on them as he closed his eyes a little.

"Don't fall asleep, nerd," Bakugo called out to him. Midoriya hummed in response, focusing on the sizzling of something cooking. He heard some people make a loud entrance and was startled.

"Oooh~ Bakugo is cooking? Can you make some for us?" Midoriya could tell that the voice was Kaminari, but he still kept his head buried in his arms. He heard footsteps from behind him and the group seemed to hush to a whisper. "Is he sleeping?" Kirishima asked softly.

"He better not be," Bakugo growled.

The greenette shook his head in his arms as he slurred his words, "Mmm no-I'm not, Kacchan..." he lazily looked up and glanced around the room to see Sero, Mina, Kaminari, and Kirishima. He felt his wings start to twitch from under his sweater. He knew he should probably go back to his dorm room, but he could push through a little longer; he did this all of the time back in middle school so it shouldn't be much of an issue. He briefly waved at the four and went back to laying his head in his arms.

"So are you going to school tomorrow?" Sero asked as he took a seat next to the greenette, being careful of the crutches placed there. Midoriya shook his head as he mumbled, "Aizawa won't let me..."

The food was finally done and Bakugo had made six servings since, 'The extras wouldn't stop bothering him about food.' Midoriya ate his Katsudon while staring off in between bites. "Why did you make Katsudon, Bakugo? Do you like it?" Ashido asked as she took a small bite.

"I can just not cook for you if you don't wanna eat it," Bakugo snarled as he looked at the pink haired girl. She quickly swallowed the food and waved her hands around shouting the word no over and over again. The others laughed but Ashido had glanced at Midoriya. He was still spacing out but she noticed his eyebrows were furrowed. He seemed to snap out of it as he reached for his phone in his pocket. He played on his phone as he took another bite. He texted Shinso:

'Hey Shinso! Sorry about earlier. I really liked hanging out with you though! Maybe we can do something like that again someday?'

He shut his phone off and faced it downwards on the table. He was about to take another bite when he heard someone ask something from beside him, "Who were you texting?" The greenette turned to see a yellow eyed blond looking at him curiously.

"Just Shinso. You know, the guy that brought me here? He's a really nice friend," Midoriya smiled at the thought as he remembered the fun time the two had together.

"Oh yeah. He told us when you left. Speaking of which, why did you leave?" Kirishima asked as he eyed the greenette.

Midoriya's smile faded as he looked down and held the Katsudon up to his face, muttering a small, "Reasons..."

"But wh-"

He was interrupted by a fist slamming on the table. The other five at the table were shocked at who had done it. "WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP? DID YOU NOT LISTEN TO WHAT I SAID EARLIER? FUCKING HELL!" The ash blond yelled, enraged. He grabbed his bowl of food and strolled over to Midoriya, grabbing his bowl as well. "Come on, Deku."

Midoriya was confused but obliged as he stuffed his phone in his hoodie pocket. He spun around in his chair as he grabbed the crutches, getting off the chair. He followed the ash blond but was still confused. Why was he being so nice? Kacchan is never this nice to me. He usually just makes some snarky comment. At least it isn't as bad as middle school, the greenette shivered at the memories. He noticed that they were standing in the elevator, awkwardly silent until Bakugo spoke up.