Love Doesn't Pay

Aviana had stayed for dinner and had gotten along with his father quite well. He made jokes and they all laughed. After dinner Adonis's father went to bed but let the two stay up and watch a movie.

"Why did you tell him that you are my girlfriend?" He whispered to her, they were sitting on the couch watching a horror movie. A blanket covered them both, a bowl of popcorn in between the two.

"Why not? Starting today you are taken. Make sure to be ready by 7:30 tomorrow, I 'll take you to school." She had her eyes glued on the TV but his were on her. She jumped and hid herself in her hands. He laughed and pulled her to him, hugging her.

"Don't worry, I'm here." He still laughed but not as loud. She hit him.

"I'm wrath in flesh, don't forget that!" She hit him some more, he laughed louder and held his arms up to protect himself. After a bit she stopped and stood up.

"I should go, It's getting late." Adonis grabbed Aviana's hand to stop her from leaving.

"You don't want to finish the movie? It's almost over." She smiled at him and took his hand off hers gently.

"No, sorry, but you can see me tomorrow. Remember to be up by 6 and ready by 7:30, bye." She said and left. 

He sat there for a little bit longer, the movie still running until he turned it off and walked to the kitchen. He threw the rest of the popcorn away and washed the bowl. He set the alarm for 6 and went to sleep. 

When he got up the next day he told himself that it wouldn't be forever, that she wouldn't be with him forever.

"Yo! Romeo, time to go! I hope you're ready!" She knocked on his door. He opened it.

"Yeah I'm ready." Adonis smiled to her, Aviana grabbed his hand.

"Let's go." She tried to walk but he didn't move.

"Are we going to hold hands the whole time?" He asked while holding their hands up. She nodded and started to walk again, this time, he did as well.

When they walked in the school everybody looked at them. The girls glaring at her and the boys wearing a disgusted facial expression.  Aviana just laughed, Adonis was slightly worried but kept his focus on her.

She was swinging their arms and her feet slightly had a jump to them, a smile was spread on her face. While watching her and smile found it's way to his face without him knowing. She was wearing a light pink and purple short dress, her shoes were black platform heels and yet it didn't stop her. She stopped in front of his first class but he didn't let go of her hand.

"What's wrong?" She asked him, she scanned him to make sure he was okay.

"I'll walk you to your class." He smiled to her but she frowned.

"But you'll be late. You hate being late." He shook his head and pulled her to him.

"If you're going to be my girlfriend for a short amount of time let me treat you right."  His smile turned into a smirk, she slapped his chest and laughed.

"Fine, have it your way. It's on the other side of the school." He walked her to her class and then ran back to his. He was almost late, and this teacher closes the door and doesn't open it until the end of class. 

When he came in everyone stared at him, he smiled awkwardly a walked to the back of the class room. After class he ran to Aviana's class room and waited for her to get out. When she did he took her to her next class, and ran to his before the bell rang. This happened for the rest of the school day. And after his last class he ran to hers and walked out of school with her.

"You are so dorky, but it's cute." She pinched his cheeks, he squinted.

"Where to? To the park?" He asked while buckling up, she nodded and started to back up. After they got the ice cream, they went to the mall. Unlike him, she had money to spare.

"You need a new shirt, let's see." She started to look through the men clothes, he stopped her.

"No, I should be buying you things not you buying me stuff. I'm the boyfriend." He grabbed her hand and started to walk away.

"No! You are, but you are also my client, now please let me get something to commemorate our new relationship!" She pulled her hand back and ran into the store. She picked some shirts and had him try them on.

After getting half of them, they went more stores. She bought more clothes and stuff for him. He tried to stop her every time. When they got hungry they went to the food court.  She said to order whatever and that she would be back. After he ordered and got the food but she still hadn't come back. 

She was in the bathroom, and crying silently. She was bleeding out of her eyes, ears and nose. The pain was excruciating and she couldn't move. She wiped her tears and blew her nose, in a bit the pain would stop. When pain stopped she got up like it never happened. Her clothes and skin were clean, no blood on them at all. She walked back to the food court and covered his eyes.

"Guess who?" She exclaimed happily. He smiled and turned around.

"There you are! I was worried, are you okay?" He asked looking her over, she nodded and sat down.

"I wanted to get us something! Here!" She took out two rings, one for a male and the other for a female.

"You didn't have to, this usually what the guys do." He said and took his ring.

"I wanted to, think of this like I'm the boyfriend and let me spoil you. I want to make you feel all of the things that-" he cut her off by putting his finger on her mouth.

"I want to do all these things, let me spoil you, my dear." He smiled and hugged her. 

She didn't know what to do, she's done this many times and never once did they say they wanted to spoil her. Never once did they care if she was gone or worried about her. Never once did they treat her like a person. She felt cared for, for the first time in a long time.

 A real smile reached her eyes, she hugged him back. After Adonis and Aviana finished eating they left.  She drove Adonis home.

"I have work tomorrow, I'm sorry. But I'll make lots of money for us to go on dates!" He smiled and waved goodbye, she waved as well and watched him go in. 

When she got home she sat on the floor. The small apartment was a one bedroom. Only the light from the streetlamp outside lit up the living room and kitchen. She looked around and frowned. She never wanted to be alone but was, she did this not only to heal others but herself. She was taught that money was the way to others hearts, that money made people happy. So she bought things for those she got involved with, her clients never told her they didn't want her money. So she thought she was going right by them.

But after that day her mind was altered, because of one boy. She thought she would show him love and what it means to be loved but now it looks like he'll be the one teaching her.