Life Saver

Aviana tried harder to get along with Lilith after that, Lee was away most of the time so she never really met her, but Lee kept to herself when Lilith was around. Lilith and Luca worked together so they would be in the office a lot. Aviana started to feel like Luca wasn't her boyfriend but Lilith's.

After a few days Adonis asked to see some memories, and Lilith agreed.

"Show us, our graduation." Luca spoke, it moved to that day. It was sunny, and they were on a field. 

"Luca! Good job, I'm so proud." Lilith greeted Luca. They hugged each other.

"Thank you, Lilith."  Luca hugged her back. She patted his back.

"So what are you going to do now?" She walked with him.

"I'm going to see an old friend, what about you?" He turned to her with a smile.

"Hopefully become a CEO." She looked down.

"Cause everyone wants to be one." He rolled his eyes, they laughed and she hit his arm.

"Hey, Luca." They stopped walking, he turned to her.

"Stop!" Luca paused it.

"Sorry, that's private. Show, no never mind. One of you say a date."  He let them choose.

"October 17th 2017." Adonis shrugged, Luca's eyes went wide. He wanted to stop the memories from playing but couldn't.

"Where did you hear that date?" Adonis was about to answer but the memory played. She was looking at Luca's back. They were on a sidewalk, green grass on the side, and a lake on the other. A park.

"I like you!" Lilith yelled to Luca, he stopped. They watched him stand in place for a bit.

"I really like you Luca Pilieo!" He turned around, his mouth open.

"Stop!" Luca yelled.

"Why? Did you say yes?" Aviana walked up to him.

"No, I didn't lie when I said that I've never had a girlfriend other than you. But I almost did." Aviana turned back to the memory. Luca looked down, and tried to take her hand but she took it back.

"Start!" Aviana yelled.

"Lilith..." Luca walked up to her, a sorry look on his face.

"So? Is that a no?" He shook his head, but took her hand.

"I see." She looked down.

"I would've said yes. I wanted to say yes. She had been there for me through so much." Luca told them.

"I like you to." He kissed her cheek, a tear rolled down his face. His voice broke.

"Then why can't we be together?" Something blurred the screen, tears.

"Because, someone is waiting for me. And I made a promise." With those words he left, and Lilith fell to her knees, the screen went black once she covered her eyes.

"April 14th 2006." Luca sat down, his eyes closed tightly.

"Stop!" Lilith shouted, she ran to a boy that was standing near the edge of the bridge. The darkness of the night offering no light. Some car rushed past by, causing water to splash on the boy.

"No." His voice broke, he had been crying for sometime. He had snot running down from his face. His lip wouldn't stop moving. 

"Luca." Aviana whispered and looked at Luca for a second. He looked up but only for a moment.

"Then how would I feel? If I see you die then I will forever remember it and blame myself!" Lilith yelled at him. He turned around to her. She walked up to him and looked into his eyes.

"I have nothing." She sighed and hugged him.

"Even if this is so, don't do this." He cried in her arms, but someone bumped them and they went right over. They screamed before hitting the water. Then it went black.  Adonis and Aviana turned to Luca.

"Stop." He sighed.

"We both died that night. I was gone for five minutes and almost didn't make it. She, she saved me. As we fell she turned her body over and ended up breaking most my impact. I was able to get us both out of the water and then pass out from the cold and pain. 

"She died, they almost gave up on her but she woke up. She saved my life, and then continued to save it by being my friend." 

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Aviana's eyes watered.

"I told you she saved me." He stood up.

"January 1st 2008."  He stood close to the screen.

"Luca!" She ran up to him.

"Lily, what's up?" She hugged him.

"Happy New Year." She took out her phone and showed it to Luca.

"See!" It was 12:00am. He nodded.

"Happy New Year." He smiled.

"Where are you going?" She tilted her head.

"I have to go home, my, um my foster father is going to come home to spend time with me." He smiled.

"That sounds like fun." 

"Wanna come?" Luca looked her in the eyes and smiled.

"Really?" He nodded. 

"Really."

"Okay!" They ran to the apartment.

"That night, we spent it on watching movies and playing games. James joined us and it was the most fun she'd ever had. We became closer after that, we found each other when we needed to. James took a liking to her and would invite her over to play with me. He would leave for work but I had a friend to play with so it didn't bother me. She was my first friend here and the only kid who didn't make fun of me." 

"I know this is like a really good moment and everything but dude you were adorable as a kid!" Adonis exclaimed.

"Thanks?" They all chuckled.

"What if we said a random date like 1980 December 3rd?" Adonis asked, his eyes scanning the screen.

"Nothing would happen." Luca shrugged, but then the memories started to move.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear mommy, happy birthday to you." Luca fell down, Aviana went closer to the screen.

"That's impossible." She gasped and waved her hand through the screen. She turned to Luca, he was in shock.

"Adonis go get some water." Aviana mumbled, he nodded and got a cup. He handed it to Aviana. She dumped it on Lilith's face. She gasped.

"Oh my!" She was breathing hard, but stopped once she saw how Luca and Aviana were staring at her.

"What?" She wiped her face. Aviana threw her a towel. Adonis sat down.

.........

When James got home, he saw everyone in the living room and Lilith on the table. She sat on it, while looking down. Aviana and Luca looked to James, no smiles on theirs faces.

"What's going on?" He asked and came in.