Breath Of Life

When Adonis put his hand on Luca's stomach, I was confused. That was until I saw light coming out of his hand and his eyes glow. I screamed slightly but didn't stop him. Around thirty seconds later, Adonis collapsed. And after a bit, Luca woke up. He looked around, his eyes landing on Adonis. He got up and out of bed. He checked Adonis's pulse, he turned to me. 

"Call 999! Hurry!" I ran to the phone. I was confused, Adonis was standing there just fine a second ago. Why was he on the ground? 

.........

I tilted his head back and lifted his chin, I then placed my head on his chest. I was trying to hear for his heartbeat and breathing pattern. I didn't hear anything, I put my hands on his chest. One on the other, in the middle of his chest. I started to press down hard and fast. Trying to go deeper than two inches every time. I used my body weight to help, my breath started to pick up. I stopped after doing it after a bit and listened to see if he was breathing.

When I didn't hear anything I put my mouth on his, completely sealing it off. I then pinched his nose and started to blow. His chest rose slightly, I continued to blow. After that I listened again and went back to compressions. After a bit, I heard him take a breath. I stopped and leaned back. I started to get my breath to slow down. Adonis looked at me, He tilted his head and smiled. I was holding his head, and he was holding onto my arm.

"We need to stop doing this." He choked out, I chuckled.

"We do." We waited for the ambulance to arrive. It took about five minutes because of traffic. I rode with him to the hospital. Aviana came along, she looked confused.

"You were dying and then you were fine and Adonis was on the ground." She whispered.

"What?" I asked, she turned to me and smiled lightly.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just happy Adonis is okay. And you are to." 

"So am I." I smiled back and went back to talking with the EMT.

"So, he looks good. I have no idea what happened, but you saved him." He patted my back.

"Yeah, that's how we are." I leaned back.

"Where did you learn CPR?" He asked, still taking vitals and stuff.

"I trained for a bit, as an EMT." He looked at me surprised.

"Really? Well then why didn't ya?" He asked and went back to doing his thing.

"Because I wanted to help out my father, in the family business. And I don't think I could live with myself is someone died because of me not being able to help." He nodded.

"Yeah, sometimes it's hard to get out of bed and come to work. I never thought about that side of the job until it was to late." 

"Well, I have to commend you for staying in this line of business." He chuckled.

"As bad as it is to lose someone, I think that it's better to try rather than give up. People are stronger than they think and I've seen some people live against all the odds." 

"I bet you have." 

"We're here!" The guy driving yelled.

"Thanks!" 

"Well, I wish you two the best of luck." I shook his hand.

"You too, mate." We got out after Adonis and walked into the hospital.

"Luca, I'm worried." Aviana, stopped me by pulling on my shirt. I stopped and turned to look at her. She was looking up to me, I looked down to her and bent a little to see her better.

"What happened to Adonis?" She asked, I looked at her with disbelief.

"Didn't you see?" I asked, she shook her head.

"Luca, the last thing I remember was you falling down in the living room. And then taking you to your room. I have no idea what happened to him."

"But that makes no sense." 

"I know."

"We'll talk about it later. Let's go in, Adonis needs us." She nodded again and walked in with me.

I sat outside of the hospital room, her words made my think. I only remember a light feeling in my body, a warm feeling. Then I woke up and saw Adonis on the ground and Aviana staring into space. This keeps happening, maybe we should just move into the hospital.

The doctor came out.

"He's fine, everything is great. He's healthy and fit. I don't think I've seen anyone more healthy, I have no idea how he died for a moment. But I would think it's safe to release him for now, just keep an eye on him." She nodded and left, I walked into the room. Adonis was sitting on his bed, his shirt was off and he was taking off an IV.

"Well, let's go home." He stood up, Aviana walked into the room. I covered her eyes.

"What the hell?" She tried to take my hands off her eyes.

"Adonis needs to put his shirt on, just wait." She nodded and stopped trying to take my hands off.

"What, you jealous type?" Adonis chuckled.

"No, she just gets very uncomfortable with that type of thing. I don't care if she sees you with your shirt off." Aviana hit my stomach.

"Hmph!" She took my hands off her eyes. But she turned around, we both laughed at her.

"Okay, let's go." Adonis pointed to the door, we walked out.

"So, what did you do?" I asked, Adonis turned to me.

"What do you mean?" 

"I'm not stupid, Adonis. What did you do?" I wasn't joking around.

"Hilo, came and helped. Nothing big." I stopped walking, and put my hand up so he couldn't continue.

"Hilo?" 

"The angel that follows me."

"You know him by name?" I yelled, I was pissed but more worried than anything. And shook him.

"I heard you call him that, so I assumed that was his name." I stopped shaking him and let go of him.

"F**k. Let's go." I continued to walk, Adonis followed.

"What?" He kept trying to ask but I felt it best not to tell him. 

Things may go from bad to somehow  worse and continue going down that path. But for some people, they find a way out.