Ms. Rillin, Luca Pilieo

You know that moment that everything changes? When everything that happened up until then didn't mean a thing? This was that moment for me, I was sitting outside of her hospital room. I was in shock and couldn't do anything, I held on to a cold coffee. The only thing I knew was the girl I loved more than life was in that room fighting for her life. And I was here. Why didn't I go with her? Why didn't she listen to me? Why doesn't she ever listen to me! 

These thoughts flooded my head, guilt, pain, fear.  I didn't know what to do, I couldn't call her father, I couldn't talk. I couldn't move. Time speeds up and it felt like I was moving in slow motion. Until the doctor came up to me. He didn't look happy, his face looked grim. I stood up and walked over to him, we needed to talk. Damn, I wish we didn't have to. I stood up and walked slowly over to him. Right now she was still alive, but with his words saying other wise, she would no longer be.

"Luca Pilieo?" He asked when I was in front of him, I nodded. My voice seemed to disappear.

"Well, I won't lie. Ms. Rillin is stronger than she looks. She fought hard, but she has lost a lot of blood. I think we might be able to save her, though. But her healing process will be long and painful. She won't be able to leave the city, or home really. I have to go, but Ms. Rillin will be fine, Mr. Pilieo." The doctor patted my shoulder a bit and walked way. 

I started to cry, I couldn't hold it back. No amount of words could say the relief I and happiness I felt at that moment.

I cried, and cried. But I heard foot steps and looked up, only to see Adonis. He stopped in his tracks, like he froze. He looked like his heart had been ripped out. Some tears fell from his face.

.........................

After we both sat down I told him what the doctor had told me. I looked down the whole time, this means I lost. She'll choose him, she always will. I'm nothing but a friend in her eyes. But it's fine, she'll be happy. If she lives...

He looked down and sighed.

"Thank you for telling me. It's great to hear that. I know you two are a thing, I don't want to get in your way. I just have one thing to request, take care of her. She's special and needs to be treated like so." Adonis whispered.

"She is, the most beautiful girl on the world. She has been for years and will always be. I don't think I can lose her again to tell you the truth. I'm afraid to lose her and to be alone. I've loved her for so long, she has always told me to find the best. But she is more than that, but she doesn't see it. Her curse holds her back more than she knows- wait. Ho-why am I telling you all this?" I turned to Adonis, he was looking back at me. He shrugged and looked back down.

"I have a curse to. It makes people tell me the worst things about themselves. I guess, you've been keeping that from people for a long time. You know about her curse?" He asked, he leaned back.  I took a deep breath.

"I do. I've known her for as long as I can remember. Her curse isn't just a curse. Her mother, that witch, cursed her to be alone forever. Her last words she told Aviana, she told her that it was her fault. Aviana has two curses on her, both from her mother. The person she fears the most." I sighed, he looked at me surprised.

"You knew her mother?" I nodded and sighed again.

"She was a cruel woman. Nothing like Aviana, she was cold in ways that ice can't compete with."  I continued.

"She hated Aviana. She also hated her husband, Aviana's father. She hated that Aviana choose her father every time over her. She was a bitch to tell you the truth, Aviana's father is a great man but she cheated on him. She would drink a lot to, she wasn't abusive at least physically. She tried to control Aviana to the point where she couldn't do anything without her mother's approval. She wasn't allowed to have friends over, she couldn't braid her hair, and she couldn't choose her clothes or how to dress herself." I took a deep breathe, and looked over to him. My eyes looking into his.

"She was scared of her. More than death, the only thing she fears is her mother. But every fear has a reason." I broke the eye contact. He still stared at me.

"When her mother died, she told Aviana that she wouldn't leave her. For most children those words are a comfort but for Aviana it wasn't. She hid behind her father and her father yelled at her, she died being yelled at for scaring Aviana. I was outside of the room. You see, Aviana's mother didn't die when she was hit by the car, she died after, in the hospital. Aviana is terrified of blood now as it reminds her of her mother." I stopped talking, thinking if I should continue. I looked over to him.

"Her curse is from her mother, the first one caused by her. When I say her mother was a witch I mean it. I know they don't exist but if they did she would be their standard of evil. Anyways, she cursed Aviana with those words. That's why she's not supposed to be alone. Her father told me to watch over her, he's going to kill me when he finds out." I whispered the last part. Adonis laid his hand on my shoulder. 

"I see. You are a good guy, Aviana's lucky to have you." He smiled, trying to comfort me.

"No, no I'm not. I don't have many people in my life, Aviana is all I have. So I never leave her alone, she deserves to be free every once and awhile. But, Aviana has another curse. It's brought on by herself, but caused from her mother. She can't forget and see her mother's death everyday. It's not really a curse, curse but it is at the same time it is. Her mother is evil and I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who put her in the hospital." I said my thoughts on Aviana's situation. 

"Why do you think so?" He asked, he still looked at me. I rubbed my face and groaned.

"Because, I don't think she moved on. That bitch couldn't just die and leave her daughter alone!" I raised me voice, I wasn't mad at him but her, Aviana's mother.

"Aviana's cuts are in the same places the her mother had. The doctor showed me photos, and every place she was cut was the same as her mother. And the stab in the back, well that might be how her mother feels. I know you didn't see the cuts. When they were getting her ready they saw that she had cuts that came from no where. I think it's a warning." I sighed again, trying to let my feelings out without yelling or crying.

"You think she's being warned?" Adonis asked, I frowned.

"No, I think the warning is for me." And when those words left me mouth a nurse came out of the room. Adonis couldn't say anything else. We both stood up and waited to hear what he had to say.