Hospital, Luca

As she continued to walk on her thoughts were full of Adonis's words, the lights turned off. She felt like someone was behind her, watching her and walking to her. She couldn't take a step forward nor could she turn. She heard them walk behind her, and felt like a knife slowly went into her back. She could feel the blood, flowing out and down her dress. Her jacket, getting soaked in the blood. It rolled down her legs. And then the knife twisted, more blood now coming out, but no words could come out. No screams could come out, only small tears. Her lip was quivering and her eyes closed, and then she felt a hand on her shoulder push her down.

She fell on her knee's and felt the knife touch her throat. She thought in the moments of Luca, and her father, what she wanted to say to them in her last words. And how she wanted to apologize to Adonis and his father. But before the knife cut her throat, Adonis came. He ran to her side and felt the blood. Unlike most of her life, when she lived with her father she didn't feel the pain or the blood anymore. She didn't feel cursed anymore, but safe. Her back was still gushing out blood but her throat was fine. He called 911 and waited until they got there. Once they did they took her and him to the hospital. 

They asked if him he was her guardian but he said no. So they called the first contact on her phone, Luca. This time he picked up on the first time, he ran there as fast as he could. He ran up to the front desk and started to ask where she was and how she is, Adonis found him and walked up to him.

"She's fine, you must be Luca. I'm the one who found her. I'll be going now but um, she's, she's going to be fine." He patted Luca's back and left. Luca watched him for a bit before turning back to the nurse who sat at the front desk. 

Adonis walked home and laid down. He started to cry silently. He didn't know if she would be fine, or if she would die. He regretted not walking her home. But he could only rethink the moments before she left. Her once more looking behind him and then her yelling at him before running away. He looked back but didn't see anyone, and when he looked to her direction again he heard some sounds and ran to see what it was. 

He didn't fall asleep that night and he didn't doze off. He stayed up crying in his father's arms until the next morning. His father took the day off to take Adonis and himself to the hospital. When they got there, Luca was still up and waiting outside her hospital room. He was holding a cold cup of coffee and looked worse than Adonis. It was then he realized that someone loved her more than him, and that someone was making her happy. He was selfish the other night, by saying what he did. He saw that now and stopped his father from walking any farther. 

He turned to Adonis in confusion but Adonis shook his head. He then walked out of the hospital, he got in the car and waited for his father. A tear rolled out of his left eye but he just wiped it, he held his breath to control his breathing. He was holding onto the seat, like his life depended on it. He let his breath go after his father got into his car.  He wanted to ask him questions, like why he ran, and if he was okay but he didn't.

"Let's go home." He pulled out.  The whole ride was silent and Adonis stared out of the window like it was the most interesting thing he ever saw. Mr. Moore left him be and didn't turn on the radio. 

It started to rain and clouds covered the sky. He let out a small gasp as he took in some new air. 

"Even the sky cries for her." He whispered, once more a tear fell. 

 He knew what her curse was but she never told him this was apart of it, never before had the cut stayed. Never had it been real. She was in real danger, and they both couldn't fight it. She couldn't see it, no one could. Something was trying to hurt her, but why? Who or what? And are they trying to kill her or just scare her? All these questions filled his head. 

His father stopped the car. Adonis turned to him, a tear fell at that moment. His father sighed and turned the car around.

"If you don't man up, I swear. Son, I love you, you love her. If you let her go now, I have no idea who you are." Mr. Moore started to speed back, Adonis's eyes were wide. His hands clutching onto the seat, his father not slowing down anytime soon.

When the car parked he got out as fast as he could. His father cheered him.

"That's the spirit! Go get her, son!" Mr. Moore got back into the car after cheering him a bit, Adonis walked back into the building. His heart was racing, he knew that she might be with Luca. He also knew that she and he weren't just something that either of them could forget in a year. 

He walked as fast as he could, his steps getting faster and faster until he was running. He saw Luca talking to the doctor, he didn't look happy. He nodded and the doctor left, he started to cry. In that moment Adonis stopped running, It felt like his world fell apart right there.  He stumbled slightly but continued to walk to Luca, he held onto his breath not knowing what the news would be. Luca saw him, tears still rolling down his face. Adonis stopped, he froze, no longer being able to move.

Fairy tales in some ways are cruel, the Brothers Grim saw this and wrote many stories focusing on those aspects to teach children and adults alike. This story is about two cursed people, the ending was never happy. But maybe, maybe it might be. After all, I'm no Brother Grim.