Care

"You're up?" Adonis got up and walked over to Luca. He didn't look very well.

"You good? We don't have to go anywhere today." He was looking at Luca, who hand his hands on the counter and was holding onto it for support.

"Yeah-" Luca passed out. Adonis caught him, but Luca was taller than him and hard to carry.

"MR. RILLIN LUCA NEEDS YOU TO HELP HIM!" Adonis yelled as loud as he could, not expecting Mr. Rillin to run down the stairs to help Luca. He gasped when he saw Luca passed out and ran to help.

"What happened?" He took one of Luca's arms and they dragged him back to bed.

"He was acting weird and then he just passed out." Adonis shrugged. James sighed.

"This happens a lot. His dreams drain him, he'll wake up when he's ready. In the means time we have to finish up all his work and clean. He does it all on his own and over works himself a lot." He took Luca's laptop and went to the living room.

"I'll clean then." Adonis muttered to himself and started to clean. After he checked Luca's temperature and put a bottle of water next to his bed. He also left Ibuprofen by it to help. What Mr. Rillin and Adonis didn't expect was for the elevator door to open.

When Luca woke up, Mr. Rillin, Adonis and Aviana all sat in chairs by his bed waiting for him to wake up. He was confused and rubbed his eyes.

"Aviana?" He slurred out, she smiled and walked up to the bed. She hit him.

"How dare you leave me, then get sick! Oh no you don't!" She hit him one more time before hugging him.

"Are you okay? How do you feel? Are you too hot? Cold?" She picked up another blanket ready to put it on him.

"I'm fine. Nice to see you to." He chuckled, Adonis pushed her to the side.

"How do you feel?" He asked worried and felt Luca's temperature. Then Mr. Rillin pushed Adonis out of the way.

"How are you my boy? Are they annoying you? I can kick them out if you want?" Luca laughed.

"I feel the love, alright." He chuckled some more and sat up.

"It's nice to see I'm cared for but guys I'm alright, I just need some liquids and some food and I'll be up again." He tried to get out of bed but they all stopped him.

"NO, you need to get better. Don't worry, I'll make the food." Aviana left.

"I'll go get some medicine." Adonis ran to put his shoes on.

"I'll get you some tissues. Don't be afraid to call for help. Let us take care of you, we are your family. " Mr. Rillin patted Luca's leg and left.

..........

I've known Luca for years, Aviana has been friends with him for longer. But when he moved here, he found his way to me. He's like a son to me, even when he became an orphan he still had a home. He's so alone for no reason. But now, Aviana and Adonis are here. They make this feel like a home.

I don't miss Aviana's mother but I do miss the times when we were a family. When we were happy.

....................

I was cooking, for Luca. Some easy to eat food, nothing complicated. I remember when we were kids when he would take care of me.

"When you fall, get up and smile. You've learned your lesson, not to step there again. Don't waste time on whining, get up and stand tall. Humans always make mistakes!" He gave her a thumbs up, a smile on his face. She nodded and got up with help from him.

Always helping but never receiving help, Luca Pilieo.

..........

I ran out of the building, I ran to the nearest shop and ran in. It had everything, like Walmart. I went to the mini pharmacy and looked for some things to help. He has a way of making people worried, and making them care for him. He's a great guy, I misjudged him. I regret that now. He's like an older brother you never knew you needed or wanted. I didn't think about anything but Aviana before, but he's shown that I don't need someone to love me to be happy. In a weird way, I have no idea how I've gotten to this point but I don't care. I know he would do the same for anyone of us.

.............

I sat in my room, I was feeling like I wasn't alone. They were gone but it felt like the care they have for me stayed. I know that when things are at their best it can only get worse but I didn't want to think about it. I wanted to stop thinking about the future and see the now. If I don't live now and only for the future, the future won't ever come.

...............

They all walked into his room at the same time. And got stuck in the doorway because of it. Luca couldn't stop laughing.

Soon he had the things they left for and they wouldn't leave his side.

This day was the calm before the storm. And it starts with a phone call.

"Oh! Sorry, I got to take this." Adonis stands up and walks over the the door, he picked it up.

"Hello?" He answered, a long silence rang. They watched him. He turned to them all.

"My father's gone." He muttered those words out, shock in his face. He dropped his phone, and soon fell to his knees. Aviana ran up to him, hugging him. Luca got out of bed and hugged him as well.

Aviana was crying, but Adonis just sat there. Not believing those words, not wanting to believe them. Not that he was alone again, and he had no one again. That was what ran in his head until he heard Aviana take in a loud breath and Luca telling him that it would be fine.

Luca was on his right and Aviana on his left, his hands on his lap holding onto his pants. Tears soon started to fall and his felt his throat not opening up. Aviana was crying in his shoulder and Luca was patting his back and telling him that everything would be alright and that he wasn't alone. He buried his head into Luca's shoulder and cried louder. No words were spoken and they didn't need to be. Luca sighed and rubbed his back, Aviana still crying on Adonis's shoulder. Mr. Rillin left.

He grabbed some bottled water and left on the floor by Luca. Luca mouthed a 'thank you' and he left. A few hours later Adonis was still in Luca's room but asleep. Aviana had gone to her own room before passing out. Luca took the couch, he didn't feel right making Adonis wake up and face reality.

Last words are important, here are a few,

My dear son,

Things have been very quiet here without you here. I've been hearing some weird sounds a night. But other than that, I'm happy and healthy! I can't wait to see you again, enjoy your time there! I love you, forever and always.

Love,

Your father, Michael.

He wrote this letter to his son, not long before he died. It was sent and Adonis would get it in a few days. Never before had Adonis wanted to run and hide behind his father. Never had he wanted to see him this much. But like I said, not all things are as they seem.