Chapter 14

Olly's POV

I can't even tell who I'm pissed at, I'm so heated right now. Michael is such an ass to her. And the worst part is,

SHE KNOWS IT!

I aggressively alphabetized the dvd's on the shelves while bopping my head to my music. I mimicked a guitar solos and slid on the floor for a finale. I opened my eyes and found Nicole looking at me... I dusted myself off and went back to work.

Music really made the time go by faster. I'd have a few break dance session whenever I come across a good song- they're all good. But I didn't let it stop me from finishing my tasks. I moon walked and spun on my heel to push the cart back to the front desk.

I did that shit in 45 minutes. Miriam applauded my efforts and signed me off early for staying a full three hours.

"Thank you," I hugged her and laughed.

"I know you're a good kid, you're just the odd one," She squished my beanie and I smiled.

I grab my bookbag and packed my shit happily. Once again, Olly the Great has yet to meet her match, I'm still unstoppable.

"It's been 45 minutes where do you think you're going?"

Damn, I spoke a little too soon.

I didn't say anything because I figured it be more mature to not react on my feelings and right now I feel everything; I feel butterflies, nervouse, angry, jealous, all of it.

"Olivia Marshall? Helloooo" Nicole snapped her fingers and waved her hands.

I felt a pinch of heat surge through me. "It's Olly," I snapped back and glared at her. Nicole was taken aback from my response, I didn't really care.

I handed her a slip of paper saying I got my shit done and it was approved. There's no reason to linger. I did my part and I noticed my skateboard near a table with her laptop.

a deal's a deal.

I walked past her as she read the slip of paper and rolled out on my arbor pilsner. I could sense she wanted to say something but I didn't care much, Michael buddy ole pal here put me in a mood. A bad one.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I was skating home an it's still morning.

I plan on going back to sleep before dad opens up the shop again later this afternoon so I can help out.

I was enjoying the fall breeze until I realized there was car slowly trailing after me.

"Shit," I hit the deck and went full speed.

I zoomed down a medium sized hill and nearly broke my leg trying to pivot that 90 degree turn at the sidewalk and making my way into the neighborhood but the car just revved up and tripled it's speed.

"Damnit," I spat. I knew I had to do it.

I took a deep breath and bailed off my board to keep from getting hit by the car. I didn't pay much attention to the loud snap as I tucked and rolled into the bushes.

I thought there'd be grass with the bushes but it's just a bunch of big ass rocks and shit hurt like a bitch.

"Fuck," I groaned in pain.

I was scraped up pretty badly. I rolled over to sit myself up. I checked my bag for my phone and my first aid kit.

I was relieved that my phone was okay but I had busted my lip and cheek a little roughly. It should heal in two weeks tops.

I checked my arms, hands and legs. It was oozing in blood. My knee and the back of my left calf was grazed and my elbow bleeding pretty badly. I grabbed the cotton pads and hydrogen peroxide. I winced and cried in pain as my scratches stung. I wiped my lips and face clean of blood and applied bandages everywhere that bled worst than others.

I hobbled to get back up and limped out of the bushes, I think I sprained my right ankle. I dropped back down and grabbed an old ankle brace from my bag.

It wrapped my ankle snug but I know if I were to take it off, it'll hurt even more... and it's a must that I take a shower. I climbed out of the bushes again and my heart shattered.

My arbor pilsner board... my first skateboard... it's been wrecked. there's no way I can fix that, It's literally shattered woodchips.

I pulled out my spare penny board from my bag and gathered what I could from the wreckage.

I skated home crying. I have plenty of other boards but this was my most treasured one. I don't even feel like going to school tomorrow- or ever.