Ch.5 - Vodka

A/N: I just want to say I really like this chapter. From this point on, your relationship with Kylo will be a lot more interesting, I think, it became a lot more fun to write at least!

Warnings: There's some drunken sexual activity where consent might be questionable.

Hux was never an amazing communicator. But he was really amazing at buying gifts.

    After you let him know that Kylo had made the donation, he had taken that as a demonstration of your loyalty to him. He was thankful but he wasn't exactly sure how to put that into words. So, instead of struggling to figure out a way to say it, Hux decided instead to buy you tickets to the play you've been wanting to see and take you out for the night.

    That was good enough for you. As long as Hux knew that you were on his side and he was grateful for it, it definitely wasn't a bad thing to get a gift out of it too.

    The play had been exactly what you hoped it would be, you had a great time.

    It had been sold out for a while so the fact that Hux was able to get tickets, especially for such good seats, was amazing to you. He had even arranged for you to meet the cast afterwards which was an almost overwhelming surprise. It was always shocking to see what could be accomplished just by revealing who he worked for.

    Your mind wandered back to what Kylo had said to you, "You should start taking advantage of what he's able to give you while you have it". Maybe he was right, you thought. When you were involved with the mob, you were always running on borrowed time.

    You and Hux were currently in the back of his driver's car. You didn't mind sitting in comfortable silence, watching the cars that were slowly passing by. You loved being out in the city at night. The lights made everything look magical even if it was far from it. Sometimes you stayed up late at night, just curled up on your couch and looking out of your apartment window.

    "You graduate soon, don't you?" Hux asked you. When you turned to look at him, you noticed he had an excited look on his face. Most people would assume that he was putting on an excited front for you, as if he assumed you'd be excited about it. But you knew better. He was being selfish.

    You knew that he wished you weren't in school. He had convinced you to quit your part time job when you first starting dating him but you weren't willing to give up your college. It was part of the mafia's culture. The other men looked down on him for having a girlfriend who didn't stay at home and rely on him and his money. It was part of the status symbol, that they were able to comfortably support themselves and their partner. In the other men's eyes, there was no reason for you to be going to school. You knew they probably all made fun of you and Hux for it behind your backs.

    You nodded at his question, sighing. "I'm sure you're counting down the days." You didn't mean for it to come out so coldly but it was a deep rooted issue for you. You valued your independence, you hated that Hux deep down wanted to take that from you.

    Hux furrowed his brow, cocking his head slightly. "What's that supposed to mean?"

    Dammit, you thought to yourself, should've kept your mouth shut. "Nothing." You said, a little too quickly. The night had gone so well, you didn't want to ruin it.You weren't in the mood to argue.

    The look on his face let you know that you needed to explain yourself.

    "I know you hate that I go to school. I'm sure you'll be glad once it's over." You said in a cautious tone.

    Hux shook his head, "You always put words in my mouth."

    You didn't say anything. He was right, you did do that.