t w o

1645 words

september first- the hogwarts express and the feast

We stumbled across an empty compartment, number 17. I followed Fawn in, sitting opposite from her. We talked about our holidays and our excitement for the upcoming year. People were constantly walking past our compartment.

Soon enough, we were joined by a sixth year Hufflepuff boy, Cedric Diggory. Cedric was tall with soft and fluffy brown hair and kind brown eyes. He and I became friends during my third year at Hogwarts when I was placed in advanced divination classes. I didn't know anyone, but Ced was kind enough to befriend me. He has become like my older brother.

"Well if it isn't Addie Corbyn," he said as he sauntered into our compartment.

"Cedric Diggory. Whoever would have thought you would grace our presence?" I joked.

"Hi Cedric," said Fawn while staring out the window. Fawn didn't like Cedric that much. She thought he was sweet but too much of a playboy. He was too full of himself for her.

"Hello Fawn," he returned while sitting next to me.

"How was your holiday?" I questioned, ignoring Fawn's annoyance.

"It was good! I went to the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasley's. It was bloody fun until the Death Eaters showed up," he explained.

"Death eaters? Fawn you didn't tell me about that?"

Fawn looked up from the window and replied, "You didn't ask?"

Cedric continued by explaining the events of the Quidditch World Cup. I was shocked, and honestly quite frightened. I couldn't believe that had happened.

Before I had a chance to respond or question more, the Trolley witch showed up outside of compartment 17. "Anything from the Trolley, dears?" she sweetly asked.

Fawn jumped out of her seat and stood at the entrance of the compartment. After she received her sweets, I ordered.

"A pixie puff, chocolate cauldron, and a liquorice wand please," I asked. "Cedric do you want anything?"

"I'll take a liquorice wand, thanks," he replied.

"Make that two liquorice wands please," I asked the witch. I paid for our sweets, sat back down, and handed Ced his liquorice wand.

Before the Trolley witch had the chance to move to the next compartment, the lanky platinum blond boy sauntered up to the Trolley. We locked eyes again before he looked at who else was in the compartment. I kept my eyes on him while he ordered a chocolate cauldron and a pixie puff. I couldn't not watch him. I felt defensive, as if he was on my turf, in my home. The Trolley witch handed him his treats and he left, but not before locking eyes with me again for a good second.

Cedric started laughing and my gaze went back to him.

"What's so funny Cedric?" I sarcastically asked.

"That was just really funny. Why did you stare him down?" he answered.

"He called me a mudblood on the Platform earlier. I had to show him who was boss," I replied, half-jokingly.

Fawn and Cedric chuckled.

-------------------------------------------------------

We eventually arrived at Hogwarts. Right before we changed into our robes on the train, Ainsley joined us. Ainsley was the third member of our trio. She was also in our dormitory. Fawn and Ainsley were my confidants, my girls if you will. Ainsley was the sweetest person I had ever known. She was the embodiment of Hufflepuff house. She had short blonde hair and a round face, which was complemented by her glasses. They were big and chunky glasses that made me think of the 80s.