e i g h t y - t h r e e

7348 words

july first- pity

~ Addison ~

While the dungeons were usually cold, Draco's bed never used to be. Until now. But of course, this was only the case because he was not in it.

Theo had draped a blanket over me last night before I fell asleep, but it did little to keep out the chill that originated from my gut. 

I woke this morning to Pride and Prejudice in my hands and dried tears on my face. 

And an overheard conversation. I kept my eyes closed to listen as soon as I heard their voices.

I could feel a presence down by my legs. Through the slit between my eyelids, I could see Theo was seated on the end of Draco's bed, the same spot he had inhabited last night. He must have fallen asleep there. 

"What are we going to do with her?" Pansy asked. Her voice came over from the right, but I couldn't feel her on the bed. I assumed that she must have slept in Theo's bed. 

"We should let her sleep," Theo mumbled. I felt his hand on my leg again, accompanied by the sensation of his eyes on me. "I can take her back to her common room when she wakes up. Malfoy did give the responsibility of taking care of her to me."

"I'd feel bad just leaving her here with you. No offence, Theo, but you can be a prat," Pansy argued back.

"I won't be a prat, Pans. That wouldn't be fair to her, not after everything that's happened."

"Are you going to eat?" Blaise asked, from over to the left. He most likely slept in his own bed last night, considering that was where he was when I fell asleep. 

"Probably not," he sighed. "She probably won't want to leave, I don't blame her. Actually, Blaise would you mind bringing some food back? I don't know if she'll be hungry and I don't want to not have anything if she wants something."

"Um, yeah, sure," Blaise stammered. 

"I should go pack my things," Pansy commented. "Speaking of which, did Draco pack his things already? Does someone have to do that?"

"He packed a bunch of things last night before he left," Theo said. "But obviously he forgot some things, like that book she found under his pillow. We should probably just check around before we go just to make sure."

"What was that book, anyway?" Blaise queried. 

"It was the one she got him for Christmas."

"What was in it? I could have sworn I saw a note in it from over her shoulder," Pansy said.

"I don't know," Theo said quietly. "I mean, he started reading it a while ago, and apparently she asked him to write in it?"

"Why would she do that?" Pansy asked.

"I don't fucking know," Theo answered. "Anyways, he was complaining about having to write in it and he went on his rant about how books shouldn't be altered and all of his usual nonsense. But I don't know what any of his notes said."

There was silence for a moment, and I debated opening my eyes. But then Blaise spoke.

"Should I get one plate or two?" he asked.

"Two, just in case," Theo replied. 

"You coming, Pans?"

 "Yeah, I guess," she answered, her voice sad sounding. "You sure you don't want us to stay?"