Chapter 32

A/N : Do you guys want to see my "Deleted Scenes." After I finish this story? It's basically just a shitload of stuff I changed and cut from the fanfic. Let me know if you wanna see! :3

(Y/N)

Just as I was about to check the cookies in the oven, there were three loud knocks at my door. I perked up immediately, expecting any of the guys to arrive at my house.

I was a bit concerned, since three men, who could be recognized at any point, were coming to my house in broad daylight. But, I knew that at the same time, we couldn't waste any time. If we were going to try and lead the BlueBlood Killer to me, then we had to work fast.

I jogged up to the door, and upon opening it, there stood Tanner, slouched over a bit, face still pale from what had happened the night before. He wasn't wearing his suit today, and I couldn't help but stare. He was wearing a black, long sleeved shirt, along with sweatpants.

So this is what he would look like without a suit.

"Good evening!" He teased, and then gave me his best smile.

I didn't smile back. Instead, I slapped his shoulder, scowling.

"Ow!" Tanner rubbed his shoulder, and then glared at me. "What the heck was that for?"

I pointed at him. "First of all, it's not evening, it's noon. Second, where the hell did you go when I woke up this morning? You shouldn't be running around while you're hurt."

He scoffed, and then limped past me, entering the house. "I don't need you to hover over me like some concerned mother. Plus, I went to meet up with Adam. I wanted a smoke after getting shanked."

I closed the door after checking to make sure Tanner's car wasn't in the front driveway, and then turned to him. "You parked your car further back, right?"

"Yes." Tanner plopped down on my couch, panting. He seemed much more dull ever since last night, and I didn't know if I liked that or not.

Out of instinct, I walked over to him, reaching my hands out. "Let me check it, maybe it needs to be cleaned..."

Tanner pushed my hands away, frowning. "I'm fine, (Y/N)."

I turned away from him, feeling frustrated. "Not even a 'Thank You' huh?"

"Whatever." Tanner snorted, voice laced with amusement. "I'm still curious as to why you were so worried... it's not like I'm your friend."

Without even thinking my next words through, I blurted, "You are my friend!" Then, I shut my mouth, eyes widening. Tanner quirked an eyebrow, smirking.

"Oh? Since when?"

"Forget what I said." I waved my hand. "That's not... I'm just too kind of a person." I turned away from him, embarrassed.

I shouldn't do this, getting close to a murderer was making my stomach twist with guilt. But, Adam and Tanner have been fair to me. Should I get comfortable? I didn't even know how long it would take for us to find the killer, but if it took a while, would I even be sane by the end?

Tanner's words broke through my bubble of thoughts, "Didn't I warn you not to get close?"

I turned back to him, biting my lip. Before I could answer him, my fire alarm went off from the hallway.

"SHIT THE COOKIES!"

I dashed back into the kitchen, seeing dark grey smoke seeping through the oven. I coughed as I waved the stench away, and then flung open the door. Tanner approached behind me shortly after I grabbed the tray of shriveled up cookies with a dishrag.