Chapter 33

A/N : Lmao y'all just turned your backs on Olivia like : Nah bitch you suspect. 😂 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

I just kid. I like your guy's theories so far!

(Y/N)

Once again, Olivia had left the morning after, and I was all alone. Well, in terms of a genuine friend, that is. I'd consider Thomas as a friend, and maybe even Clint.

But where does that leave Tanner and Adam?

I wasn't even sure why I even considered them, but... they've eased up on me, especially Tanner. I can't help but feel grateful towards them, regardless. Simply because Adam was helping me keep my brother alive, and they were both letting me avenge my family, by helping them find the killer.

I guess I really am going insane. But perhaps in a good way?

I was still caught up in my thoughts as Tanner slammed my brother's lock box down on the kitchen table with a huff. "I give up! This lock is not giving way."

I jumped, eyes widening at the sudden outburst. It was about 10:30 at night, and the three guys had joined me again, and it was my turn to tell them about what had happened at the warehouse.

We all tried getting the lock open for the last hour, and we were all starting to give up. I sighed, shrugging my shoulders in defeat. "We can't open it without the key."

Adam spoke, mouth full of cookie that I successfully made for everyone. "Is the key perhaps still back at home?"

I shrugged, swallowing back the nerves that were making me itch. "I don't know. My brother always had his key hidden, so I wouldn't have a damn clue to where it may be."

Clint chimed in, sipping a glass of milk. "If you want, (Y/N), I could drive back, and try to look for the key myself."

"You don't have to do that..." I held the box closer to me, as if it were the last bit of hope I had.

Adam leaned forward a bit, eyes curious. "No. That's actually worth a shot. Clint and I could go back to your old home, and find the key. We still have to wait until Clint lures the men to wherever the hell he's taking them."

I felt my heart jump, questions forming in my head. "Well, what do you want me to do while you guys are gone?" I took a sip of my drink.

"What do you think, (Y/N)?" Tanner's playful voice broke through the serious atmosphere, and I turned to see him lower his glass of milk, revealing a white mustache on his upper lip, and he flashed me a gleeful grin. "You get to spend time with me!"

I choked on my own milk, breaking out into a coughing fit as Tanner giggled at my pain. "Won't that be fun?"

Adam hid a smirk, turning his head away from us. "I don't think so, bud."

"All of you guys are so boring!" Tanner whined, his lower lip sticking out as he pouted.

I felt myself smile. These were the moments of Tanner... the moments where he could have been a fun guy if he wasn't so into murdering people. And eating them.

"But in all seriousness..." Clint gave Tanner a stern look. "Adam and I will go. Look for the key, and if it turns out the killer put something in that box... maybe it's a clue?"

I shrugged again, avoiding the sight of Tanner giving Adam bunny ears from behind him. "If that's what you really want to do... then I guess I'll be stuck here a full day... with Tanner."

My tone was sarcastic, trying to sound dramatic and pitiful about the situation, and I smiled with satisfaction as I heard Tanner scoff. "Nah, I'll be killing people all day, since I'm unattended by my father."