"I guess we're both liars"

T.W this chapter contains scenes that may be upsetting to some readers.

~Natalia~

"What?" Draco says taking a step back. I look around to realise everyone heard what I said and are now whispering about it. I feel my eyes starting to well up so I turn and quickly make my way to the door hoping no one will follow me. Just as I'm leaving I can feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I some how end up at the top of the astronomy tower. I calm myself down a bit taking deep breaths in and out. When I've calmed down a bit I grab the book I'm reading. Reading has always calmed me down when I needed it. I hear foot steps coming up the stairs. I look and see it's Draco. He is literally the last person I want to see right now. "That's my favourite book." He says trying to break the silence.

"Hm didn't know you could read." I say keeping my eyes fixed on the book

"Listen Nata-"He starts to speak

 "Let me guess you want to know what I meant in the great hall." I interrupt.

He nods. I finally face him closing my book and placing it on my lap.

"In first year around halfway through the year I fell to a low point in my life. I know that's strange seeing as I was so young but with the amount of shit I went through in that year I would be surprised if i didn't. There was times where I felt like I didn't want to go on anymore. I-I started to hurt myself." I say slightly tearing up.

"There was a few times where I tried to take my own life. So sorry if i seem distant from you but I just don't want to be at that low point again. Please don't tell anyone" I say wiping my tears away.

He walks up to me and says"I promise"

"And I promise to give you a chance to prove you can be a good friend."

 He stays for a while to make sure I'm ok and I insist I'm fine. He goes back to the hall and leaves me with my book. I look up to see the sun has already set. I quickly make my way back to the Gryfindor dorms. On my way I look at a clock and realise it's nearly 12. I get to the common room and quickly shut the door. I turn around to see Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Harry waiting for me. They all run up and give me a hug. "I was worried sick" Hermione says while pulling me into a tight embrace. "Ya where the bloody hell gave you been" Ron says while going back to sit on the couch.

"I went to the astronomy tower"

"Nat you didn't. I mean. Your not in the place again are you" Harry says while stuttering. They all knew about my attempts. Well all besides Ginny.

"No. I just went up there to clear my head and read a little. Anyways Draco came up after a while to see what I meant. I told him and he promised not to tell anyone."

"Are you sure that was a good idea Nat. I mean Draco isn't the nicest person" Harry says

"I promised I would give him a chance to prove to me he could be a good friend". I decide to bed and just empty my head of everything that happened.

1 month later.

It's been a month since everything with Draco happened. Him and I have become good friends. I still don't sit with the Slytherins at lunch or sleep in there dorms. It's a friday morning. I decided to wake up early to watch the sunrise from the astronomy tower. I stay there for half of breakfast until I hear someone come up the stairs. I turn around quickly to see who it is. I notice it's Pansy and i just turn back around leaning on the railing. "Aw Bailey are you finally going to follow through. Finally going to jump off." She says. I turn around quickly to face her looking confused "God I wish your attempts worked in first year so we wouldn't have to deal with you this year." She says laughing to herself. Only four people knew. Harry, Ron and Hermione wouldn't tell anyone so I knew exactly who it was. I go to leave when pansy shoves me back. "Not so fast Bailey." She says while walking over to me.

"Pansy I swear to god if you don't move" I say trying to get past her. Before I could even noticed it she punched me. I felt my lip to see it was split and my nose was bleeding. I didn't have time for Pansy right now. I had to deal with Draco. I quickly push my way past her and rush to the great hall. I burst the doors open and everyone looks at me. Hermione, Harry and Ron run up to me. "Nat what happened. why are you bleeding?" They ask. I'm not listening to them I'm just scanning the halls for Draco. I finally see him sitting beside Blaise. I can feel the anger building up inside of me while i rush over. I'm not even fully there when I scream

"Malfoy what the hell!" He stands up to faces me. "Natalia what happened why are you bleeding?" He says trying to look at my lip but I shove him away.

"You told her. You told everyone."

"What the hell are you talking about." He says trying to put his hands on my shoulders.

"Don't touch me" I say pushing him off. It came out louder than I intended so everyone heard and where now looking at us.

"you told everyone" I say feeling tears start to come to my eyes.

"What. I didn't tell anyone anything." He says looking at me with shock but also sadness. After a second he realises what I mean. "I don't know how they found out." He says looking at me with despair. "You promised me." He says quickly. "You promised me you'd give me a chance" He says and I look up at him quickly. "You promised that you trusted me." He says looking at me with sadness in his eyes while grabbing my hands and holding them.

"And you promised you wouldn't tell anyone so I guess we're both liars." I say while pulling my hands out of his. I storm out of the great hall. He trys to follow me but Pansy and Blaise stop him.