recovery

~Natalia~

"What the hell are you doing here," I ask Jackson angrily while walking up to him.

"What do you mean?" He asks me.

"Why are you here. You and Cedric weren't friends" I say angrily. Draco and the rest of my friends rush over quickly.

"Maybe we should take this outside," Draco says. We all walk outside and I quickly turn back to Jackson.

"Why are you here? I ask angrily.

"Why wouldn't I be?" he asks.

"Because you and Cedric weren't friends,"I tell him.

"Yes but we were cousins," he tells me. My heart drops making my knees buckle.

"You were his cousin?" I ask in disgust.

"You were his cousin and you made his life a living hell," I say angrily walking closer to him.

"You were his cousin and you treated him like shit," I say finally making it over to Jackson.

"Fuck you," I say angrily in his face.

"Fuck you, Fuck you, Fuck you," I say angrily hitting his chest with tears in my eyes. Draco rushes over quickly and pulls me away from him. Draco pulls me into his chest and I start crying. He wraps his arms around me as I bury my head in his chest.

"I-I'm sorry," Jackson says.

"I didn't mean any harm," He says. I turn to him out of shock.

"I-I just. I don't know" He says stuttering. I pull away from Draco.

"I just felt like he was better than me. That the family favoured him over me, I never meant to make him feel bad." He says.

"But you did. You could've talked to him about it" I say to him.

"I-I know. I-I just felt like he would laugh at me." He says.

"Cedric wouldn't have laughed ay you. H would have talked yo you and helped you through it" I say. Suddenly someone walks out.

"Come on kids. It's time for the burial." They say to us. We all quickly make our way to the carriages.

***

We get to the graveyard and start to follow the crowd. As we're walking through I start to get flashbacks to form the night. I feel my chest close up and my eyes watering. It starts to become hard to breathe. Draco notices and pulls me in close to him.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen" He says as if he could read my mind. My breathing goes back to normal.

"Thank you," I say to him.

"No need to thank me," He says as he smiles down at me. We get to the plot of land with the hole. I stand beside Draco holding his hand. They start to lower the casket in and I instantly start crying. Draco pulls me in close to him as everyone gives me a sympathetic look.

***

After the burial, we went to lunch. Everyone who went to the funeral came up and talked to me mostly about how a knew Cedric. Everything was fine until this one woman comes up to me.