EIGHT

Harry had been through it all, really. The gossip, the lies, the rumors, the annoyances, each and every situation you could possibly imagine. Thus, when he walked into the office with Reagan behind him, he didn't really notice the stares and hushed whispers. Or rather, he did, but he didn't really care. He learned very quickly that in this business, you really did need to ignore all the bullshit. Sure, he wore his heart on his sleeve, but he also tried not to let other people see what really laid within it. He had to become unattached and unemotional on the surface, but in some aspects, he also had to be that within. So he chose his battles. This one, in particular, would be a prime example of Harry becoming emotionally detached, or just plainly not giving a fuck.

Reagan on the other hand was having a tougher time, and her thoughts that she thought were long gone came roaring back. That voice in her head was on full blast, 'They're staring at you because they know you don't stand a chance with him.' and 'Really? Did you choose to wear that today? You look fat and you know it, stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.' She cursed at herself for allowing Harry to drive her to work. She knew it was a bad idea, she really did, and the stares and endless glares did nothing but prove that it was.

"Rae." He mumbled as she walked two steps behind him.

"What?"

"You can walk next to me you know."

She fell back even more, five steps behind him at that point. He sighed and reached back, pulling her toward him. She heard someone gasp behind them, but she didn't pay any mind to it because she was so close, so fucking close to him. She twisted her arm, but complied and walked in stride with him down the hallway to the studio.

She simply muttered, "Please, don't get me fired."

"You know damn well that isn't my intention." He retorted, his English accent tinged with a bit of anger.

"Well if I didn't know any better I would say it was."

He turned around to face her, "Really?"

"You think this is okay? You and me walking in together to work, the day after I get promoted!? What are people going to say!" She said in a hushed whisper.

"Fuck what people say, damn it!" He looked at her with an intensity she didn't believe he could ever possess, "You can't live your life worried about what people say, Rae. So what if we hang out? You didn't get your job because you know me, you got it because you're bloody good at it!"

"But how will people know that!? They won't care enough to see past the fact that I'm seen with you!"

"So what!?"

"What do you mean so what!? So I never get to be more than the girl who got her job because of Harry Styles!?"

"Why do you care!? You know who you are don't you? Why does it matter what other people say, or think, or do Reagan?"

She simply stared at him, but managed to say, "How did you get over it?"

"Over what?"

"Over people talking about you constantly...you know?"

He shrugged, "I stopped giving a shit."

"But how?"

He looked up at her, "One day you realize that it doesn't matter what other people think, you know? Only what you think about yourself."

She sighed, leaning against a wall, "I don't know how to do that."

He leaned next to her, shoulders touching shoulders, "You'll get it."

She smiled, "You say that like you'll be dragging me around with you."

He smirked, "You act like I won't be." He nudged her with his broad shoulder and she couldn't help but roll her eyes and nudge him back with a begrudged smile.