O N E H U N D R E D A N D T W E L V E

Kennedy didn't even call, she just showed up in front Hailey's apartment and began ringing the bell fervently. It was already noon, but knowing Hailey, she was probably still asleep. Not that she blamed her, not now. Had Reagan been home Kennedy would be wrapped under her covers being spoon fed ice cream, but then again, she was just as mad at Reagan. Well, not just as mad, the anger she had towards Louis was a fury she had never felt before. So yeah, she couldn't be alone right now. But more importantly, the guilt of having done what she did to Hailey was eating away at her. Hailey was actually kind of cool to hang out with, as much as she hated to admit it.

Kennedy kept ringing the door bell, but Kennedy had the feeling Hailey just wasn't going to come out. So she ceased her incessant ringing and turned to leave, but to her surprise a fully functioning Hailey angrily swung the intricately decorated wooden door open.

"What in the actual hell?"

Kennedy shrugged, "I needed to talk to you."

"Why would I want to talk to you."

"Hailey, I'm sorry, okay?" Kennedy sniffled.

"Oh, so now you're sorry?" Hailey said, leaning against the doorway, clearly uninterested.

Kennedy continued nonetheless though,"I'm sorry that I lied to you about being your friend, about the DVD, about everything." She took a breath and mumbled, "I kind of miss you."

"What? Are you serious?"

Kennedy nodded. She didn't know what had gotten into her after she had watched Louis make that announcement on Good Morning America, but she needed to talk to someone. Not Reagan, not Louis, but Hailey. She needed to talk to her.

"I just..." She was losing her nerve. She had never honestly done something like what she had done to Hailey, and she had regretted from the moment she had done it. As horrible as a person as Hailey may be, she was still just that, a person, "I'm sorry."

"You said that already."

"Yeah, well, I was a pretty shitty person to you. You didn't deserve that."

Hailey looked away and shook her head, "No, I did. I was...I was a really shitty person to your sister. If I were you I would've done much worse. If anyone should be saying sorry it should be me...to Reagan."

Kennedy nodded, feeling as if they were indeed coming to a mutual understanding. So she asked, "Did you watch the boys on Good Morning America?"

Hailey nodded, "Yeah," She looked Kennedy up and down and could tell by her sweats and unkempt hair that she was a complete and utter mess, and boy did she know that feeling,"You want to come in and talk about it?"

Kennedy sighed a breath of relief and walked in, there was nothing more she wanted to do than to have a good cry and vent about the stupid boys of One Direction with Hailey. Other than maybe punch Louis in the face, but that could come later.

—✴—

"You like him, don't you?" Hailey asked, breaking the silence that had inevitably formed between them. Not that she had minded. Her apartment had felt incredibly lonely since she and Kennedy had fallen out. Having her back was more than welcomed, even though she knew they would have to both work hard to attempt to salvage what was left of their relationship.

Kennedy nodded, "I don't even know why. You know, it's stupid, isn't it?"

"Why?"

"Because, I thought I was totally in love with him before I even met him."

"You were in love with the idea of him." Hailey clarified. Kennedy shuddered at the fact Hailey sounded exactly like Reagan.

"I mean, yeah. But...I don't know. It turns out the real him tops the idea of him, and now I think I'm even more in love with him than ever. But he's having a baby. He's having a baby with another girl and he didn't even bother to tell me." Kennedy attempted to catch her breath, but instead tears began streaming down her face. She didn't understand what was wrong with her. She had never gotten this way about a boy. She was always in control. But this time, this time was different, and it scared her.