FIFTEEN

Relationships are always tricky, but only as tricky as you make them. So Harry let it go. He didn't think about the fact that Reagan didn't want a relationship yet, he only focused on the fact that she liked him. She really, truly, liked him and quite frankly it was astounding. For now, that would be enough. He decided that he would give her the space she needed. He really did fancy her, and because he did he was okay with the fact that she just wasn't ready yet.

Strangely enough, Harry wasn't like most men, or rather most guys his age. Of course, he had been with many girls, it's not something new for him. But as he had explained to Reagan, he just knew that most of the relationships weren't serious. He wanted something serious with Reagan, and he was willing to wait for it.

"It's getting late," Reagan said, looking out her window, smiling to herself.

"Yeah, you want to head home?"

"I guess so. We do have to go to the studio tomorrow."

He shook his head, "We're not supposed to work on Sundays."

"But we got today off."

"Yeah, I guess."

Reagan wanted things to go back to normal, but she also knew that it would be a new kind of normal. He knew that she liked him, and ultimately the vibe between them would be a bit different. But she knew that she just wasn't ready to take that step with Harry, god, she barely knew the boy. She wanted them to be friends, she wanted to get to know him. But above all, she wanted him to know what he was getting into. She didn't understand why he liked her, why he thought so highly of her, so she wanted to give him time to realize that she wasn't good enough for him. As much as it broke her heart, she'd rather he realize it now when they were just friends, then have him realize it when she actually really does fall for him. She wasn't willing to have him break her heart when she gave it to him if she gave it to him.

He drove in the direction of her home now, obviously now knowing the way there. Their clothes hadn't dried out yet, the sun was slowly coming out, and slowly it began to look like a normal sunny Saturday afternoon. It was only four, but he felt it was much too forward to invite Reagan over, and far too risky to go out with her in public. He wanted to respect the way she felt about everything and he wanted to reassure her that it was okay if she wasn't sure what she wanted them to be.

He turned to her and simply asked, "So are we friends, then?"

"Yeah." She said nodding.

He turned on her street, slowly coming up on the curve and parking almost in front of her gated driveway, "Just friends?"

She turned to look at him and smiled, "Yeah. For now."

"Ah, what happened to no labels?"

"I don't think you work well without constraints."

"As in?"

"If we don't define what we are-"

"I might just kiss you every chance I get."

She gulped, "Yeah."

"But Rae, I don't think that's a bad thing."

She grimaced, "Whatever."

"I can deal for a while, I suppose."

"Friends." She said sternly as she got out of the car.

"We will be the best of friends!" He said with an exaggerated wink, "I promise."

"Goodbye, Harry."

"Bye, Rae."

He waited until she opened the gate to her luxurious house and stepped inside so that he could leave. As soon as she heard his car leave she leaned against the large metal gate and breathed in and out. She wasn't sure what it was, but it was the strangest feeling she had ever experienced. She was so incredibly happy, so giddy, but at the same time, she knew it was all too good to be true. Soon enough Harry would snap out of whatever funk he's in and realize that he could do so much better than fat and homely Reagan.