SEVENTY-TWO

They were a thing. They were a fucking thing and Harry was making it so incredibly clear by refusing to sit down and buckle his seat belt until he sat next to Reagan. She hadn't even boarded the plane yet, the boys as always were the first on and the last off, but he had already planned where they would sit and per usual someone had to ruin it.

"I just don't understand why you can't move, Niall." Harry tried, looking at Niall as they were getting comfortable for the flight that would be taking them Sweden for the penultimate date on the European leg of their tour. The trip itself would only be a couple of hours, so Harry just didn't understand why Niall wouldn't just move and let him and Reagan have the best seat on the plane.

"I don't like to sit by Louis." He muttered, "He's mean when he's tired."

Liam and Louis snickered, watching as Harry failed to convince Niall.

"Niall, come on mate, cut me some slack."

"What is the big deal? Just sit with Lou and sleep until we get there." Niall said, clearly not understanding that he needed to sit next to Reagan. He just kept sitting there, on the most coveted spot on the plane, writing in his journal.

"Oh my god." Louis sighed, "Niall just fucking sit with me before the girls get on the plane and Hailey finds out why Harry's freaking out."

"Why is he freaking out?"

"He wants to sit with his girlfriend." Louis said, a wide smile upon his face. "And it just so happens you have the most private spot on the plan. What better place to snog?"

Harry turned to look at him defensively, but said nothing since that was in fact his plan of action.

Niall laughed, "Wait? So fucking finally you grew a pair and asked Rae out?"

Harry looked down, "Not exactly."

"Shit, Harry. How long until you guys just finally come out with it, then? You're clearly into each other. As if anyone else couldn't see it. Just make it official already."

"It's not that easy I-" Harry stopped before he even got started, "Look we're getting there. The important thing right now is that I get that seat so I can at least spend some time with her."

"Yeah." Niall said, raising his eyebrows, "I'd say that's going to be some time very well spent."

Harry ended up physically pulling Niall out of the seat and throwing him and his journal into the aisle, having had exhausted all of his other options.

"The fuck?" Niall said, picking up his journal from the ground and fixing his baseball cap upon his head once more, "You could've just asked nicely."

"I did." Harry said, sitting in the now emptied seat, arranging his stuff onto the one next to him so that Reagan could claim it once she got onto the plane.

Niall muttered incoherently, before he realized something, "Wait!"? Who's sitting with Hailey?"

Harry silently said, "Oh no." When he understood why Niall had asked.

Niall smirked, "I guess it'll have to be me then."

Harry was about to say something, but figured he should just leave it alone, he had won after all. And Niall was pretty much harmless, he was just annoying. While he might attempt what he thinks is flirting, he won't actually do anything more than that. So it should be fine he figured.

"Haz?" Louis asked from his seat.

"What?"

"You guys for real this time?"