O N E H U N D R E D A N D S I X T E E N

Chaos, that was the only word Reagan could think of. She fidgeted with her earpiece, now understanding why the boys hated the stupid things. The perpetual screams behind the stage were interfering with the feedback, thus causing static. She didn't know how Lydia did it, didn't know if she could get used to it. Everything kept going wrong, and she was in a constant state of motion. Reagan was seriously considering a change in careers.

"Reagan, the boys need their cue cards!" A producer yelled from the hallway as she ran past them. Reagan shook her head and ran back to her bag in the boys' dressing room.

Reagan grabbed the cards she had written out earlier that morning while Harry was still asleep. She didn't blame him, he hadn't slept at all that night. So she wrote away while he took a nap before the show. At least she got to spend the week with him before things really started getting hectic. After all, she was headed back to school in two weeks, and the boys were off to Europe to wrap up the tour. They were all going to be seeing less of each other, that is hopefully, until the end of promo season. Until then, Reagan would be working out of the main office in LA while the boys were off touring and being interviewed. While she might be away from Harry, she was quite pleased at the fact that she wouldn't have to be running around like this any more.

As she handed the color coded cards off, another woman approached her and asked,"Hey, Niall messed up his hair again, can you send the stylist to the stage?"

Reagan willed herself not to roll her eyes and instead got moving. She told herself it was a rite of passage, that she had to prove herself now more than ever, especially since she was now public with Harry. She had to work even harder to prove herself, and if that didn't say something about the way the world worked, then she didn't know what did.

Her morning had consisted of making sure each of the boys was prepped and ready to answer any and all questions. After all, this was their first in depth interview in about a year. They had to be prepared, especially when considering the news they were about to drop on their fans.

Reagan finally took a breather as she stood watching the screen before her in the break room. The interview was well on its way, and she had given up on the ear piece. There wasn't much she could do to stop them from doing stupid on live TV anyway, she only had so much power.

"So we hear that you have an exclusive for us." The host said, leaning in towards the boys. She smiled as if she had a secret, making Reagan shake her head.

Liam nodded, looking at the other boys as if to make sure that he could tell this pretty little reporter the news they had been guarding for months, "Indeed we do, Laura."

"Well," She said looking out at the crowd, "I'm sure we're all anxious to hear what it is." The crowd erupted once more into screams and cheers.

The boys laughed, as they should. Louis took command then, glancing in the direction of the cue card and saying, "It's been quite the year as you all may know."

"That's an understatement." The host said, "A member leaving, singles being dropped at midnight, a baby!"

The crowd clapped and Louis tried his hardest not to flush, instead he continued, "Laura, love. You mind letting me finish?"

The host laughed but signaled for him to proceed.

"We, as a band, have decided to go on a hiatus."

Silence, dead silence.

"For, um. For how long?"

Harry looked at the boys as if for reassurance, ignoring the cards that Reagan had made, "We don't know."