FORTY-SIX

It wasn't easy for Reagan to pretend as if she had no feelings for Harry, in fact, it was getting harder by the day. She already knew that she was head over heels for him, that she loves- no way too soon for that. Yeah, she thought it when they were in the midst of their little make out last night, how couldn't she. She was completely overtaken with emotion, and she knew that saying that in the heat of the moment would just completely discredit it. If she loved him, she would think it-and say it- when they weren't in the midst of a passionate moment. She would feel it, she wouldn't be afraid of it...would she?

Then again, she was afraid just thinking about the fact. What if Harry just laughed in her face? What if he didn't say it back? What if he didn't feel the same way? Reagan just wasn't ready to put herself out there like that. Yeah, she could kiss him and fall asleep in his arms, but every night? No. She just couldn't see them together. Not now at least. Not when she knew that the boys' world was about to be flipped upside down by this hiatus, not when the press was going to be breathing down all of their necks. Harry didn't need any more attention on him, he already got the grunt of it as it was. Whatever she was feeling, she'd hide it until the tour was over. In fact, maybe until they went on their hiatus. After all, when most artists go on a hiatus they fall off the face of the Earth. So who isn't to say Reagan and Harry pull a disappearing act for a few months? But perhaps the most important reason for waiting would be to see if both their feelings remained. If they were still head over heels even after half a year, if then they were ready to fight to be together. Reagan couldn't even fight for herself, she didn't even know how to love herself, how could she be expected to fight for their relationship and love a boy she had known for like five minutes?

She watched as Harry re-folded the clothes they had "borrowed" and put them back into Louis' closet, and couldn't help but study him as he tried his best to precisely fold the jumper and place it exactly where he had found it. How his hair got in his face and he used one large hand to quickly put it back in place. How his tongue stuck out slightly as he stood before the large closet with his arms crossed, and wondered where exactly he had taken the clothes out from. How he turned to look at her with a huge smile on his face. Wait...

"Are you watching me?" He asked, almost laughingly.

Reagan blushed, quickly getting up off of Louis' bed, "What, no. No of course not. I was just kind of lost in thought." She sputtered, obviously flustered, "I'll just go get my bag from the car, I shouldn't show up in the same clothes I left in anyways. You know? Yeah. I'll just go-"

"Stop." He said as he walked towards her, throwing the jumper back on the bed. "You don't have to be embarrassed. I know you were staring at me."

"I was not."

"I stare at you sometimes, you just never catch me."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? Because you just sound like a creep."

He rolled his eyes, "I stare at you because I can't believe how incredibly beautiful you are, Rae."

"Right." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"And how lucky I am." He said, ignoring her remark. "Because I'm incredibly lucky, you know that."

As he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the top of her head, Reagan wished she could say the same. That she could tell him that she always watched him out of the corner of her eye to make sure that he was safe, or that he was smiling, or just to make sure he was okay.

But all that came out was, "I need to go change, just finish putting his stuff back."

Harry nodded, acting as if that didn't sting, "Yeah, go change."