THIRTY-SEVEN

Before Reagan could even begin to think about her and Harry's trip though, she kept going over and over in her mind how she was expected to go on tour with the boys. Suddenly the prospect of spending more than 24 hours alone with Harry didn't seem as scary as spending three months with him. She just couldn't do it. Not only because of school and her family but because of herself. She didn't want to be the type of girl that gave everything up for a boy. She knew that perhaps it was a part of her job description, but technically she didn't sign up for any of this. She signed up to be a band's PR intern, not to be an actual PR agent in charge of One Direction's campaign and to double as a fucking babysitter. This was not her. This wasn't who she was supposed to be. She wasn't supposed to throw it all away to go on tour with them, she wasn't supposed to have gotten this position, and maybe most of all she wasn't supposed to be with Harry. So why was it all happening to her? She didn't know, and it scared her.

"You've been awfully quiet? Thinking about your trip tomorrow?" Kennedy asks as she folds clothes into a suitcase for Reagan. Reagan had of course already packed, but Kennedy decided to go through her suitcase and approve outfits. Ultimately she ended up throwing everything out of her suitcase and began to pack new clothes that Reagan didn't even realize she had.

"No...I just—Is that a crop top!?" Reagan said, looking at a tribal print shirt Kennedy was pairing with drawstring pants.

"What? You had it in your closet."

"Yeah, in the back, because I was never going to wear it."

"Well, now you can."

"Kennedy, I'm not wearing a crop top."

Kennedy looked at her blankly, clearly not understanding, "Why?"

"Why? Maybe because the only thing that's going to cover is my boobs."

"Uhuh?" She nodded.

"Kennedy! I can't just wear half a shirt! I'm fat as fuck!"

"Rae, you're like...all curves. If you don't wear a crop top, you're not doing yourself justice."

"I'm not all curves."

"Yeah, you kinda are."

Reagan still stood firm, "I'm not wearing that."

Kennedy smiled, "But I bet Harry would love it."

"Why would Harry love it? All it would show is muffin top."

"You call that a muffin top?"

"Yes!"

"You've lost like, what? Twelve pounds? That's a fucking lot, Rae. Show it off."

Reagan looked at the thin cotton material, knowing that she had bought it only to motivate herself to lose some weight. She didn't ever really plan on wearing it. Especially not in front of Harry. As if she wasn't self conscious enough already.

"Look." Kennedy started, grabbing the shirt and folding it into the suitcase, "You don't have to wear it, but I'm going to pack it anyway. But just know, that if you do, it isn't going to change the way Harry thinks about you. Well...it might."

"You think so?" Reagan asked in a painstakingly sad tone.

"Yeah, he'll jump you right then and there."

"Kenz, please."

"I'm serious, Rae. You keep saying how you're so fat and so unattractive, but look at who is so incredibly into you. And god, I would kill to have you shape, I'm just a beanpole, you know? So stop saying you're fat. Fuck societal standards, you're hot and you can rock a crop top."

Reagan laughed, "I'll think about it."

"That's all I ask."

"Hey, Kenz?"

"Yeah?"

"Louis told me that I most likely have to go on tour with the boys when they come back from their break."

Kennedy closed the suitcase and looked up at her, "Are you going to do it?"

"I don't know."

"...Do you have a choice?"

"I would think I do."

"Well, it was only Louis that insinuated that you have to go right? Harry hasn't said anything?"

"No."

"Well, what if you don't have to go. What if Louis' just under the wrong impression or something?"

"I don't know. I think I'll just have to speak to my boss."

"You should probably do that right away."

"Yeah."

"But...would you do it?"

Reagan shook her head, "I don't think so."

"But why? You would get to spend all that time with Harry."

"Yeah, but this is my career, Kenz. I can't just take a job because I get to spend three months straight with my—" Reagan stopped, realizing that she and Harry hadn't quite decided what they were. Kennedy stifled a laugh, knowing that her sister was about to say Harry Styles was her boyfriend, but she restrained herself.

"I get it, I know." Kennedy said, calming down, "But think about it, is your career always going to be more important than every other aspect of your life?"

"Kenz, I need to finish school in order to even have a career. If I go on that tour, I'm going to be a semester behind."

"So? You have a good excuse, your job is getting you real world experience."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Just, I guess, don't freak out about it now. You're about to go on a roadtrip with Harry, focus on that."

Reagan's stomach flipped, "Fuck." She muttered.

"Not looking forward to that either?"

Reagan shook her head, "No, it's not that. I just have this weird feeling that something is going to go wrong."

"Just think positive thoughts and nothing will go wrong." Kennedy said with a smile.

"If only it were that easy."