SIXTY-FIVE

Harry watched Reagan as she sat at her desk the night before the boys were to leave for the second leg of the tour. He sat back upon the plush sofa as Reagan typed away on her laptop. The sun had just set, the lights slightly dimmed in the studio as Niall and Louis finished recording for the day. Harry though had finished early, per usual, and was contemplating what happened with him and Reagan. It seemed as if everything was up in the air, he absolutely hated it. What had happened to his and Reagan's plans? To waiting until the hiatus began so they could finally come out and just be together? Reagan coming on tour should've had him rejoicing, absolutely and completely over the fucking moon. But he wasn't. In fact, he was petrified. After all, it would only put an additional strain on their waning relationship.

He knew that as much as Reagan may pretend not to care about the whole Hailey thing, she had to. It was just fucking human nature wasn't it? If he were to see Reagan with another guy it would drive him mad, no matter if he knew that they were only pretending to be together.

"Stop staring at me," Reagan said, not bothering to look up from her screen.

Harry looked away with a smirk upon his face, "Just trying to get in as much as I can before I leave."

"Of what?" She asked, against her better judgement.

Harry leaned back against the couch, placing his tattooed arm behind the back and crossing his skinny jean clad legs, "Of you."

She blushed, continued typing as if only that computer screen existed in that moment in time.

Conveniently at that exact moment of awkwardness Louis walked out of the studio with Niall and almost immediately understood what was happening. He knowingly nodded at Harry, "We'll be heading out then."

Niall furrowed his brow and indignantly said "What? You didn't say-" He was swiftly hit in the chest by Louis before he could finish though, he gasped at the impact.

As Niall still attempted to catch his breath Louis nodded toward Reagan, "See you in Norway Reagan Bailey."

"Safe travels." She waved weakly, watching as Niall hobbled out the door, ushered out by a smirking Louis. She felt her stomach starting to knot, she hadn't been alone with Harry in what felt like forever.

"Rae?"

She didn't want to look up, she really didn't, but she had to, "Yeah?"

He mumbled, "This is stupid."

"What?"

He leaned forward, uncrossing his long legs, and staring at her evenly, ignoring his own nervousness said, "What I told you before, Rae. I haven't taken it back. I never will."

She had relived that day that he told her he loved her on repeat, wishing she had said it back. But now, having the chance to say something, she found herself unable to say anything. She was speechless.

"I won't say it again until you're read, but know that my intentions haven't changed. I know that you want to pretend that you don't feel the same way, and that's fine." He said, his smile growing wider across his face, "But I know by the way you've been acting that you do feel the same way."

"How have I been acting?"

"Oh Rae," Harry sighed, "You know, you act like none of this Hailey rubbish bother yous, but you bloody well know it does."

"That's a lot to assume." She muttered.

"Really? Even after the way you've been ignoring me like the plague after I said I'll 'date' her? Because I should remind you that you were the one who said I should do it."

"I know."

"Then?"

"Then, nothing."

"Why are we doing this then?"

"Doing what!?" Reagan asked, losing her patience and raising her voice.

Harry got up angrily at her change of tone, and within two steps was before Reagan's desk, "You're telling me this is normal? That this is what we're going to be now !?" And God how he regretted listening to Louis right then. Of course he had done this to help his mate, but he was starting to really wonder if it was worth it in the end.

As Harry started getting angrier, it made Reagan rise up from her seat as well, not wanting to let him intimidate the truth out of her, "What do you want from me, Harry!? I'm sorry I don't submit to your whim twenty four fucking hours a day! Do you want me to be fired? Do you want me to give up everything that I've worked for just so you can have your fun with me for a couple of weeks!?"

Harry jumped over the desk, yes, really. He slid over it dramatically and stood in front of Reagan, miraculously without falling upon his now flushed face. He got over himself though, and in an act of pure impulse he pinned Reagan against the wall, his hands sprawled upon the wall and his arms entrapping her.

As she tried to remain unaffected by his proximity, it was becoming increasingly hard as she could smell his familiar scent, as she could almost, almost, feel his arms around he once more."

"You know that none of what you've said is even close to the truth." He said in a low, hushed voice, "You fucking know better."

She looked up at him, his nose was almost touching hers, "Do I?"

His eyes flickered at the challenge, "No one is going to change what I feel for you, Reagan Bailey. No one." At that he stepped back, resisting the urge to kiss her, to do more than that.

She was breathless, waiting for him to make some kind of move. But he didn't. The only move he made was towards the door,"See you in two weeks." He uttered in that same raspy, low tone of voice. His eyes met hers, that flicker peaking through a forest of green.

She didn't say anything back, didn't even move off of the wall. She just watched as the door closed behind him and tried to remain calm. Tried to process everything that had just happened.

He still loved her. All this awkwardness, this fucking weirdness was all for nothing. She cursed at herself for actually thinking that Harry's intentions could change, for not saying once again what it was that she felt for him. And before she could stop herself she ran towards the door, into the hallway, and pathetically down the hall, only to hear the whoosh of the elevator in service and to find nothing but an empty corridor. He was gone.

He was gone and she was left once more wondering if she should have said something more. But she swore it would be the last time. Next time, she was going to tell him the words he deserved to hear. She was going to fucking tell him that she loved him, no more excuses.