S E V E N T Y - N I N E

Something was off...again. Harry sighed as Hailey lightly snored next to him upon the plane. He wanted so badly to go over to Reagan and try to talk to her, but if earlier had been any indication she wasn't going to have it. He had simply asked if he could carry her suitcase, how was that a crime?

He didn't understand what possibly could've gone wrong. He wondered if it was perhaps because he proposed they come out to the public. It made him think that maybe once again he had gone way too fast for Reagan and he was just scaring her away. Maybe she did just need some time to process everything. He loved her, of that he was sure. And if he loved her, well he could let her sort things out before committing herself completely to him. He'd suck it up and understand. But it was just so fucking hard when all he wanted to do was be with her. What he wanted was the most simple thing in the world, and yet it was becoming the biggest challenge he'd ever faced. Harry didn't understand why it was so hard to be with Reagan, he simply didn't get it. If love conquered all, then how could it be that they were still going in the same perpetual back and forth?

"Harry?" He heard his name whispered loudly, and looked up to see Louis standing up beside his seat waving at him and pointing to the small bathroom.

Harry looked up, furrowing his brow he mouthed, "What?" But Louis just kept pointing to the bathroom, meaning that whatever he had to say was top secret and it needed to be said in a private space. Harry rolled his eyes and gently got up, making sure not to make any noise. The last thing he needed was to be caught in the loo with Lou.

"What?" He said in a harsh whisper as he and Louis were face to face in the tiny confined space.

Louis had a smirk upon his face, clearly enjoying the situation. He tried to back up against the wall next to the sink, but it still didn't allow for a lot of space between the pair. He looked at Harry, who was clearly already annoyed, and asked, "What's up with you and Reagan?"

Harry shrugged, "Don't know mate." Because he really didn't know. Having never been in a serious relationship, Harry was beginning to understand why people claimed love was so fucking confusing.

"You think it has something to do with Hailey?"

"Why?"

"Didn't she start acting all weird after Hailey came to her room?"

Harry furrowed his brow, "You mean when Hailey caught us together in Rae's room?"

Louis' eyes widened, "She caught the pair of you together!? Are you bloody mad!?"

"She didn't think anything was going on." Harry said, clearly not understanding the gravity of what had happened.

"Harry, why would she not think something was going on? You were in Rae's room! And God knows how fucking obvious you are."

"Lou, she didn't suspect anything, I even walked her back to her room and we chatted. Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Well, you do realize Hailey paid her a visit after that, right?"

"That's normal, Reagan's in charge of taking care of Hailey isn't she?"

"After what you just told me I'd read much more into that visit." Louis said, frustrated with Harry's lack of concern. "I mean, why else would Reagan be acting this way? Something had to have happened."

"You know, this isn't the first time Rae shuts me out. I'm okay, we're okay. She just needs her space."

"I thinks that's too generous of you, mate."

"What do you mean?"

"It's nice you want to give Reagan her space and everything, but really after the way you two have been acting these past two weeks, do you really think she's just going to shut you out for no reason?"