SEVENTY-THREE

After having spent about three months with the boys, Reagan finally felt at least a bit more comfortable eating with them. Back in LA, she had already gotten used to sitting around with the boys after they had finished recording, and snacked on fruits or veggies while they pigged out on whatever junk they wanted that day. She was of course dying on the inside while politely munching on celery stalks, but she figured that if Harry saw her eating that he'd think she was okay. And if she pretended to be okay, she would eventually just actually be okay, which to be fair was a pretty legitimate system considering that she evolved from not being able to even eat a banana in front of Harry, to now eating an egg-white omelet across the table from him as he drank his smoothie. To say though that the voices inside her head had completely vanished would be a lie, they were always in a constant uproar around Hailey, but to say that they had been overpowered by more pressing matters would be fair to assume considering they weren't eating away at her as much as before.

Harry, stirring his smoothie with his spoon, watched as Reagan cut her omelet up and tentatively looked at it, and then over her shoulder. She had certainly come a long way. Had it been a few months ago she wouldn't have even come down for breakfast, she would be off somewhere pretending to be busy. But here she was, fresh off the plane, sitting in the hotel cafe with the boys. He wouldn't embarrass her, at least he wouldn't try to, but he was surprised at how much their relationship had changed in such a short time. After all, it hadn't been that long ago that they had their first kiss upon the beach. It hadn't been that long ago that they were running from mobs of fans. It hadn't even been that long ago since he had slept by her side for an entire night. It was funny really, he thought, how you could meet someone and feel as if you've lived a whole lifetime together, even if you've only known each other for a few days, or weeks, or months.

Harry looked at Reagan, and as she met his stare she slightly smiled. Reagan was changing for sure, not only had she begun eating in front of him confidently, but she also met his gaze with just as firm a stare. It actually kind of turned him on. Then again, everything about Reagan was starting to do that.

"Seriously? Who the fuck ate all the bacon?" Niall said, sleepily scratching his head and interrupting Harry's thoughts.

Louis raised his hand, "Guilty."

"You know I can't function without my bacon."

"Just wait until they make some more." Louis shrugged.

"They're not going to make anymore, it's bloody three in the afternoon. They only made us this breakfast because we came in and passed out during regular hours." He puffed. "Where's Hailey by the way? Didn't see her on the way down." Niall started piling on pancakes and sausages onto his plate, along with other delicacies that were only native to Finland. They had arrived in the early morning, straight after their concert in Sweden, where Reagan and Harry had another secret little rendezvous in his dressing room, but that was a story for another time.

Reagan looked down at her nearly empty plate and then at Niall, "I'll go check on her. She might just be sleeping still."

So Reagan excused herself and walked the corridors of the extravagant hotel in which they were staying to find herself in front of Hailey's door. She knocked twice, and upon hearing a 'it's open!' walked into the room. She found Hailey, half dressed, hair still wet from her shower, trying on different outfits.

"Oh, sorry." She muttered, clearly embarrassed by the sight of Hailey's exposed stomach and lacy pink bra.

"Not a problem. It's nothing you don't have." She turned to look at Reagan, "Or well, kind of I guess."

Reagan blushed, "The boys were just wondering where you were." She tried avoiding eye contact. The last thing she needed was a picture of perfect Hailey in all her glory embedded in her mind.