No News

The next few days were spent trying to find the best doctors all around the world to come and help with Jorge's situation, but still, MJ refused to visit her brother at the hospital.

Her daily trips included going to the hospital and staying in the car all day, and then going back to the hotel.

The situation was not promising at all, even Sonya looked more and more hopeless with each day, and that alone was worrisome to MJ.

She was lucky enough not to run into any of her acquaintances in Cape Town, especially Logan, the last thing she needed right now was unnecessary confrontations.

It was strange though, because she knew that Logan Parker knew the ins and outs of this city, so either he did not know that she was back or he was pretending not to know; either way, MJ was grateful for the distance.

It was only until the fifth day that the detective in charge of her brother's case paid her a visit at the hotel, and MJ was surprised to see who it was.

"Miss Billings, I hope my presence is not of any inconvenience," Zoe Botha said as she sat down on the couch with another officer in tow.

MJ closed the door to her suite and joined them. "Not at all. On the contrary, I was hoping to meet up with you soon," she said truthfully.

She wanted to get information on her brother's case, but she knew that they did not have much, otherwise, the news would have reached the media a long time ago.

Jorge did not have any enemies who would want to kill him, but maybe there was someone out there who wanted to get back at him. Jorge's weakness has always been women, and MJ was constantly warning him about his habits.

She managed to save him from Samantha once, because she was starting to develop an obsession with him, even now, MJ was convinced that the obsession was still there; Samantha was dangerous, but she would never hurt him.

His relationship with Sonya was legit, he loved her more than anything in the world, but that never stopped him from chasing after every skirt he saw.

Some of these women were dangerous.

Caroline Becker was one of them, she was harmless, but her husband was a dare devil.

MJ still could not understand why the doctor resigned from the hospital right after Jorge was shot, and then just disappeared into thin air.

No one knew about what happened between Jorge and Caroline the night of Logan Parker's engagement party, everyone was distracted by Carmen's accident.

If anyone added two and two together and told the woman's husband, Jorge was lucky to be alive.

Logan was the first one to pop up in her mind, but he could not have seen what happened, he was too busy crying over his nonexistent baby.

But even if he did, he would never sell out his own best friend, or would he?

"Miss Billings?" MJ snapped out of her thoughts and found the detective watching her with caution.

She shook her head and composed herself. "I'm sorry, Detective Botha, I'm just worried about my brother. The thought that his killers are still out there, bothers me."

"I understand, and please, call me Zoe," Zoe said with a warm smile.

"Zoe, would you please update me on my brother's case, do you have any leads yet?" MJ asked. "What really happened?"

"Uhm, he was beaten up before being shot." That much MJ already knew from her conversation with the doctor. "Unfortunately, we have nothing as of yet, the cameras in most of the places around the city were not working due to load shedding."