Beaufort West

After the cryptic message she received the other night, Sasha was never able to sleep again. She spent all night trying to imagine what could be in store for her, and every time she closed her eyes, she saw MJ damaging her face.

By the time her alarm rang the following, she was exhausted; the only thing she remembered about that morning was saying goodbye to Demi.

She remembered going to Beaufort West in a meter taxi, to the address provided by MJ Billings, and she remembered finding the house and someone opening the door for her, and that was it. She had no memory of the person or how she ended up in the house, she just woke up and found herself tied to a chair drilled in a deep, empty pool located in what looked like an underground parking lot.

Her clothes were taken off, and she was left in only her underwear.

The place was cold, there was no heat coming through from anywhere, there were no windows in view, the only source of warmth was her loose hair which barely covered her back and chest.

She had no idea how long she had been in there, but she was starving and thirsty, and had not seen a single person since she arrived.

That was until MJ Billings showed up, and Sasha started regretting ever approaching the woman at the airport that day, she looked as deadly and more conniving than ever as she plopped down on the chair beside the pool.

Sasha was saved from an impending interrogation by the grumbling stomach. On a normal day, she would have been embarrassed at the miniscule sound, but she was grateful for the distraction, because it bought her some time when MJ decided to cook a quick meal.

Sasha had to think quickly on what she was going to say to MJ. Over the years, her secrets were what kept her alive and opened several doors for her, but it all depended on what kind of secret it was.

MJ Billings was right, Sasha did not approach her because she knew something about her, she approached her because she was powerful and was probably the only person in this world who could get her closer to her goal.

Sasha had only ever wanted one thing in life, she had being chasing after one thing, and that was finding her parents' murderers and exposing them for their crimes.

She had a few cards up her sleeve, but they were not of much help since she did not have enough power on her side, if anything happened to her, there would be no one to save her. She needed to save herself while continuing with her mission.

What was she supposed to do now? Tell MJ Billings all her secrets or lie her way out of this again?

Her captor finished cooking in less than an hour, and for Sasha who had not had a meal in days, it felt like forever, and mouthwatering aroma made her stomach grumble more.

"This used to be a family house, it was one of the few houses I grew up in," MJ said casually as she strolled towards the pool with a mouthful plate of pasta in her hand and a bottle of orange juice, and then she grabbed her chair and walked down the mini stairs into the empty pool. She placed the chair opposite Sasha and sat down, and started feeding her. It was the most embarrassing thing Sasha had to endure, but she was starving. "My brother put it out for sale a while back, and I bought it from him. I discovered this basement when I was in primary school, it was one of the few reasons I chose to keep this house."

Sasha did not know what to say, so she just remained quiet as MJ continued feeding her. She had a lot of questions, like why MJ set a trap for her instead of just meeting her like a normal person, did she enjoy kidnapping people? And what was she planning to do with her?