Salted Wounds

The unexpected visit resulted in Logan remaining in his office for the rest of the day. He had even asked Natalia to cancel all his meetings and then he banned everyone from coming to his floor and office.
He spent a few hours signing off documents to finalise the shipments. His company made about thrice its normal profit three times in a month, and today was one those times. They referred to it as the Rush Hour, that was when all their ships went off for shipments of different goods to different places across the world.
He started his business as a company that designed and sold ships, and then he upgraded to transportation of goods. He made money both ways, but shipping was his gold mine.
As soon as he finished signing off the deals, he placed everything else on hold.
The man's visit had taken his mind off all the things that had him on edge earlier, he now had no demanding issues to worry about, he had even forgotten about Jorge's surgery.
For a while, his mind kept replaying all those images and everything the bodyguard had said.
He was not exactly shocked to learn that someone was trying to kill MJ, after all, she was making enemies everywhere. What really rocked him was the possibility that someone close to him could be responsible for that attempted hit-and-run.
His money was on David Botha, because the man was never fond of her, but David did not have that much authority, if he wanted a job, he would have gone to his old buddies in the streets so that it would not be traced back to him.
However, Thuso also had some rogue soldiers who were freelancers outside his gang. Chances were, it was an outside job, but they would never know that since the driver was dead.
Logan only hoped that the phone at least gave them the answers they were looking for.
It bugged him that they brought this case to him, he did not want part of anything that had to do with MJ Billings, but for some reason, he could not say no.
He was never the one to take orders from strangers, but he also had a feeling that these guys were not to be messed with. The worst part was that they were not asking him to investigate, it was an order, and since Logan did not know who to watch out for, he could not trust anyone with this information.
The memory stick was just a recaptured of everything Jackson showed, and a lot more. There were pictures of Sasha-Lee, and Keagan and his friends amongst others.
Just as he was about to shut the laptop, a file name that he had missed in a blur caught his attention.
It was saved under his initials and the date of the engagement party.
Logan had been trying by all means to forget about that night, but there were still some unanswered questions, and he was not ready to confront the truth.
His fingers hovered over the mouse as he contemplated on whether to play the footage or not.
"Agh, fuck it!" He clicked on the mouse before he could change his mind again, his heart racing as the video started playing.
He watched it attentively, and what he saw made him wish he had not opened it. He played it over and over again, hoping that it would change, but nothing did.
His heart clenched like an empty can under a heavy metal, and he started removing his tie and unbuttoning the top buttons of his shirt.
"Logan–"
"Which part of don't fucking come to my office didn't you get?" He yelled, his eyes wide in mad rage.
Lola stood at the door, shocked by his outburst. "Logan," she said and moved closer. "What is wrong? I just came to–"
"GET OUT. OUT!" He marched around his desk and grabbed her by her wrist, and then dragged her out of his office and pushed her out into the hallway before slamming the door shut. He moved at a lightning speed and pulled everything on his desk down, along with his laptop. "AH!" He continued to stamp his foot on the laptop until it was completely wrecked. "Damn you, MJ, damn you!"