Disputes

"What the hell are you playing at?!" Kisame pulled you up to his face by your collar which tugged at your mask, showing half of your cut up face. Your feet didn't even touch the ground as he dangled you waiting for an answer.

"Kisame.."

"No Itachi, I'm done letting this slide, you could have died [Y/N]! Why are you acting so reckless, this isn't like you!"

Your face resembled Pain's. So stoic, so blank. Your lids hung low as you stared back into his eyes feeling a lack of remorse to the situation. "But I'm alive, aren't I?"

A tick grew on his head as he closed his eyes momentarily, sighing out sharply. Opening again with a faint calmness which is only for your benefit. "Your tiny little body wasn't going to save Mazoku. If I didn't get there in time, neither of you would be here". He lowered you back down, only for you to dust away at the fabric on your chest. "Why do you not look out for yourself?"

"All the Akatsuki and my summons have ever done is worry for my safety. It's time I return the favour, no?"

"Return it by surviving" Kisame growled under his breath.

Something happened to you, no matter what conversation you had with others, when you realised your purpose was to protect your loved ones, you shut off. It was as if it happened over night, you had no care for your safety and just went out there as if you're an immortal like Hidan. You weren't cocky believing you could take on anything but depression slowly sunk in you.

After the loss of more members, your body just took a toll on it all. You did push it back in order to use the emotions in battle as suggested but you pushed it back so far that you were hurting yourself from the inside, this was not what the others wanted at all. They tried to console you but you kept it all to yourself, not to burden or worry them.

"Kisame, Pain wants us to do this now"

Kisame grew annoyed as the rain bore down on yourselves. Picking up the body with his sword they moved onto the the trees to reduce the downfall upon their bodies.

**

"You're late" Pain's hologram spoke. An urgent message from your Leader arose where he stated the death of Orochimaru by Itachi's brother; Sasuke. Also warning Kisame and Itachi that they are likely his next target. Kisame commented about wishing to see the death of Orochimaru, as much as he would have love to of seen the Zombie Combo. This comment hit you as you glared him down with your sharingan activated, Pain took note of this, as did the others.

"Hidan and Kakuzu were our comrades. Do not say such things" Pain spoke.

"Asshole.." you muttered under your breath.

"Sorry..Back then, they were done in by.."
"The Hidden Leaf"

"They're strong, that team. Even Deidara got his butt kicked"
"Hm, Tobi!!"

Tch, How the hell do they keep doing this. 3 of us are down now, what's worse it we considered 2 to be immortal...what does that say about the rest of us..

You grew quiet as they continued to ramble on, Tobi riling Deidara up and Pain scolding the two. Once the conversation ended, you opened your eyes back in the woodland area you three sat in. Mazoku curled around you three and the body for your safety in case of any intruders.
Picking yourself up you listened to Kisame moan about the fact they cannot rest, Itachi urging you two to hurry.

You all walked in silence, Kisame carelessly carrying the 4 tails jinchuriki over Samehada as he walked ahead. You chose to stay a few steps back keeping to yourself after bidding a farewell to Mazoku. Before leaving he thanked you for your bravery but scolded you to listen Kisame. You took no notice though, relaying the same expression you have done so for weeks now. As soon as your safety was mentioned,you just shut down, blocking it out, not giving a single damn.