45: The Missing

*Narrator's POV*

"That fucking bitch is dead when I get my hands on her!" Jane seethed from the back seat of the car, clenching at her bullet wounds in an attempt to slow the bleeding.

"You had the chance to get your hands on her and you failed." Liu said from the passenger's seat, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Well I didn't think the bitch would be stupid enough to shoot me instead of the guy who literally killed her parents and is now threatening her last family member!" "Besides, I thought after I told her about our past she'd be as good as ours. But she's wrapped around that bastards finger!"

"I don't think she's wrapped around his finger at all..." June said quietly but loud enough for the two to hear. This made both Liu and Jane look at him with expressions they clearly showed they didn't understand.

"What do you mean, June?" Liu questioned.

"From every perspective I see, she's clearly got Stockholm Syndrome" Jane sneered.

"Exactly, every perspective you see. You, who was front and center, saw a frightened, confused girl who shot the stranger who suddenly rides in like a hero with all of these facts and wants the bad guy killed." June's grip tightened on the steering wheel as he steeled himself for what he was going to say next. "What I saw was a girl who who had a gun and every chance to kill you but didn't. If she was wrapped around his finger you'd be dead as soon as you handed her the gun."

"You call this hesitating?!" Jane shouted, pointing at her bullet wounds.

"Are you dead?" Liu glanced at her through the review mirror and Jane leaned forward, looking like she was going to rip his throat out, causing June to quickly look away, his entire body becoming stone with a panicked voice. "I'm saying this completely aware that you can strangle me with my own intestines but I have a feeling she's way smarter than we're giving her credit for. Best thing to do is leave her out of the equation and get Jeff alone."

"... I agree." After a long pause, Liu put out his opinion, surprising June but enraging Jane."

"The bitch shot me!"

"You gave her a gun." Liu shot back, causing Jane to glare daggers into the back of his head but he didn't even waste the effort to shrug it off. "Besides, even if we leave her alone she'll end up dead anyways." 

That single sentence made Jane jump for joy when she realized they weren't the only issue Jeff and (Name) had to face with.

"You're right! Jeff's going to snap at some point and accidentally kill her or his posse is going to track them down and do it themselves!" She cackled.

"Before either of those situations occur, she's going to get her hands on her." Liu's words made Jane and June freeze on the spot. The car was dead quiet for what felt like an eternity.