Chapter 2

Back with the sins...

Ever since Diane's death, King has been cold to everyone and keeping to himself. The only times the remaining sins see their friend is when he's going to get breakfast and going to sleep for the night. He doesn't even attend the meetings and instead, has Oslo be there in order to collect the information and give it to King.

His appearance is has also changed.

King now sports black, blood red or dark gray clothing. His hair is either in a man bun or all out. The only part of the old King that's left is his bright and colorful wings. Ban and Merlin were sitting outside the Boar Hat one day, just trying to 'relax' as much as possible.

The sky took on a very light baby blue kind of color, with the wind softly gushing through, leafs occasionally hitting their faces. Ever since the three stars left, everything has been quiet and pretty dull, to say the least.

.......

"I miss sis-sis." Merlin whispers out, tears threatening to spill down her face. Ban grunted, keeping his eyes closed. The two could hear Elaine humming and Hawk snoring lightly. It reminded them of how it would be the same thing with Elizabeth in the picture.

Ban soon sat up and crossed his legs with him leaning his head in his hand, "We had one job...why couldn't we do it? It...It's my fault that everyone is dying. I was chosen to lead our group and I failed." Now it was Merlin's turn to snort, she scooted over towards Ban and wrapped an arm around his shoulders in a comforting gesture.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Ban," She whispers in his ear gently, "Remember...life isn't kind to us or anyone else, at least not now. Things happened. Of course your not perfect but you are the best replacement captain that we could have. Family stick together through thick and thin. We will get stronger and avenge the deaths of Diane and Elizabeth. Also, we will find Meliodas and bring him home where he belongs. So...don't be all down and beat yourself up. Is that understood?" She concludes with a playful shrug, sporting a small smile on her face.

Ban grinned a bit and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah! Sure, mother...owwwww!"

"Not that old, you brat."

"Whateverrr!"

Things would be hard, but they would be okay. Merlin can just feel it in her.
—————————————————————-
Yeah, he's close with everyone, but his two best friends are Elizabeth and Meliodas. But they're now gone. One dead, the other is missing in action. Hawk has been silently crying non stop for a lonnng time.

"Mama...why am I so weak? If I was strong and brave enough...I could've protected Elizabeth, Meliodas and Diane." Hawk said quietly, sniffling.

Mama Hawk huffed sadly and tries her best to reassure and comfort her child. She spotted Ban in the corner of her eye, but decided not to say anything, smiling softly. Ban tip toed towards the talking pig until he stood right behind him.

"Masterrrrr!"

"EEEEEEK! WHAT THE HELL, BAN! NEXT TIME...oh."

Ban raised an eyebrow before snickering. He soon plopped himself on top of his friend , lazily. Hawk groans, "Get you fat ass off me. I-I'm not some sort of transportation!" He tries to nudge Ban off but he knew that it was no use.

"Pleaaaaaseeeee, master? I will give you extra scraps for a week. I promise."

"Ugh, fineeeee."

The two set off and went outside for a walk. For a long time, things were silent as the two bask in the the 'peace' of nature in Lionesss. Being on Hawk's back and having a walk with him was all apart of Ban's plan. Other than King, the one person he knows that would take these turn of events the hardest was Hawk.

They reached a forest and decided to rest next to a tree. Ban got off and sat on the ground, legs stretched and arms crossed behind his back while he had his eyes close. Hawk attempted to sit too, fumbling with his hooves.

"Ban?"

The man opened one eye to look at the pig, "Hm?"

Hawk soon stopped the fumbling and instead, stared at the ground. "Do you think that we will get Meliodas back? That we can survive this?"

"Well... -lightly yawns- do you believe that it's possible? For both." He asks Hawk instead. Ban knows that you need to trust yourself in order for some things to happen. The pig needs to have faith that everything will be okay in the end.

Hawk shrugs, "Not sure...to be honest. Y'know....I think that I should really do something. To prove if not to you guys, then to myself, that I'm useful and worthy to be here, with y'all."

"What the-!" Ban started, but Hawk held up a hoof, or at least tried to.

"It's the least I can do," the sky starts to darken slightly, "Let's head back just in case if it rains. By the way, thanks for hanging out with me and listening to what I have to say. I appreciate it!" Hawk says with fake cheeriness itched into his voice.

Ban gets up and slowly mounts Hawk before laying on him again. "Sure, master. Sure."
——————————————————————
The next day, both Hawk and King are gone. King took some armor, healing potions and weapons. While Hawk took healing potions as well, but also this magical device that would capture things and be really useful if not now then in the future(modern day camera).

"Pugooo! Hawk! Hawk! King! King!" Mama Hawk wailed out. Ban and Elaine stroke her hairs in comfort. Merlin frowned but wasn't going to lose hope and think of the worst that could happen.

"Don't worry, mother. We will find your son and King, have hope and stay strong."

Mama Hawk huffed and 'nodded' her head, determined to stay strong for her family and help in anyway that she can. This nightmare has to stop, now.

Here's an extra chapter for you guys! Thank you for the votes, comments and reads! I just have a quick question for you all. You can tell me in the comments or pm me but, if Meliodas ends up leaving Zeldris, should he have a new love interest? If yes, another SDS character or my own? Hope you guys enjoyed the story so far!