Chapter 21

Hispaniola is...nice and peaceful, but troubled. Bright...but also dark. There wasn't a single night where Meliodas didn't hear a wail of sadness or desperate praying to whatever god they believe in. It's apart of the normal life here on this island. In a way, this island is a reflection of his own emotional instability. One moment, he's pretty content and smiles from time to time, in the next moment, he feels anger pulsing through his veins. His eyes flicker between green and black.

Depression is such a pain.

No matter what he does, there is always that hollow, empty feeling in his chest. It's weird...he wants it out, but...he can't. Or rather, he doesn't know how to remove it and for good. Many emotions flooded his whole system, but the most frequent feeling is disgust.

At himself and his own weakness.

Treating Angel like crap, causing the two to break up.

Not honoring the promise he made to his son on giving him a better life.

For letting Zeldris break him down and sexually use him. Feeding onto his brother's already unstable, mainly psychotic mind.

There was a reason other than being with Elizabeth all this years ago, of why Meliodas left. He knows that he doesn't feel romantic love for Zel and sees him as his brother, nothing more and nothing less. That is causing Zel pain. Other than parents, isn't it the older sibling's job to protect this younger siblings? To make sure they're happy and well? That was all Meliodas was doing, helping Zeldris.

This is the only love Zeldris will get.

Yeaaaaaahhh, the brat would be pissed, but it is what it is. He really shouldn't have shove Gelda away for Meliodas. That was the most stupidest move that Zel could make. No one except for her truly loved him the way he wanted...that he felt that he deserved. To be specific...

No one regarded his existence unless forced to.

No one paid him too much attention unless if it's on war.

No one sees him as someone to respect...or rather trust.

Meliodas was someone who was the first to give him attention and close to giving Zel that love and recognition he wanted. He latched onto this quickly and developed an 'attraction' towards his brother, the original leader of the Ten Commandments. When Gelda came around, though he accepted her and the full amount of love she gushed out, it wasn't like Meliodas. You can say that Mel was his first love and his first true enemy.

An enemy is someone or a group of people who are 'bad' because of number of things. Mainly because(for the most part)they're against your morals that are 'good,' making them bad. But that isn't so for true enemies.

A true enemy is someone or a group of people who have done you wrong, at least through your eyes. You develop this sort of hatred and dislike towards them, so to speak. You truly want them either punished and reprehended, or dead.

Meliodas couldn't forget that day when he left his home to join his new one, Elizabeth the angel.

Flashback:

Zel's cheeks were warm and wet with tears, but Meliodas had to do this. He might be cruel, but not as cruel as his little brother.

"Zel," he says softly..his voice angelic, like a song, " your mind isn't well. And my presence isn't helping. Not to mention Elizabeth will be waiting for me. If this war continues with me as the leader, I am bound to hurt Elizabeth one day." He can see that this wasn't enough, that Zeldris just couldn't comprehend losing someone who was everything for him. Who he idolized.