Chapter 16

"This..This can't be happening..." Angel stammered out. The Celine look alike looked at him, confused. She slowly walked toward him, carrying a plate of food on a long, wooden tray. Once she reached the demon, she gently laid the food on his lap.

Her curiosity was slowly eating her up, "Uh, Meliodas..are you okay? This is Esther, the girl you helped all those years ago. Also, how did you change your eye color to blue and why were you on the ground, bleeding?" Well, that says something. Once again, someone mistaken him for that guy. Though he now understands, it's kind of annoying.

He clears his throat slightly, "Thanks. Also, for the record, I'm not Meliodas. The name is Angel. Believe it or not, he is...or at least was, someone close to me. We....got into a fight, someone interfered and I got badly hurt. As you can see." Angel responded curtly. Maybe he meant it or not, in regards to him not considering Mel as his lover anymore, who knows. But it's clear that he's still upset. That Meliodas hurt him badly and indirectly caused him to be near death at the hands of a guy with white hair. That someone who was suppose to be his lover, didn't trust him, nor give him the chance to explain his truth. Trust and communication is key, if they don't have that, they don't have anything.

Soon after, a gasp of surprise escapes his lips when he was soon gathered into a warm hug. "I'm sorry that you and Meliodas got into a fight, which resulted you being hurt. Physically and potentially in a emotion way as well. Your welcome to stay here as long as you like. I promise." Angel nodded and slowly started eating as Esther left.
——————————————————————-
Over the next few weeks that Angel stayed with the giantess, he slowly gotten better and stronger once again. The two of them got closer, to the point that Angel trusted her with the story of her Alternate self in his world, Celine. As he told the tale, he could see Esther's ever changing emotions, from shocked, to scared and finally..calm.

"I'm sure she would forgive you, she wouldn't like you to be swallowed up in your sorrow. You know... I can see why she likes you." That raised some alarms in Angel's head. What does she mean by that? He felt really weirded out and shy as she moved a bit closer to him. Esther chuckled softly at his expression. "What? You sent a message to that Arthur guy to give to Meliodas that the two of you shouldn't be together, right? What seems to be the matter?" Yeah, that's true. According to Arthur, Meliodas was really upset and feeling lots of guilt, but didn't say anything regarding his thoughts and whereabouts.

But...

"Didn't you say that you like me? We can be together, Angel." She says, leaning her face slowly close to his. Angel was frozen in place, shocked at her indirect confession and persistence. He didn't notice that she was right there at his face until he felt a bit of her breath on his lips.

That finally snapped him out of his daze and he turned his head away from her mouth. He then scoots back on the ground a bit, to the point that his back hits the edge of the bed he sleeps in. "I can't...sorry. We're not that close to even consider the possibility of being lovers. Also, I just don't date giants. That is all." What happened next, proves how love can be a powerful thing. That could be used for good...or evil.

Esther got up and gathered the money he earned from work, combined to the large amount she gave him as gifts, into a bag. She grabbed a big basket and stuffed it with fresh, wrapped up food and drinks. Making sure the basket is securely tight. Lastly, she grabbed another bag and filled it with coats and other clothes she made for him over the weeks. Esther shoved them all in his arms and glared harshly at him.

"Get out! And don't you ever come back again!" She yells out cruelly. It broke Angel's heart to see her like this, knowing full well that she's just masking her hurt with anger. Alas, he didn't fight her decision, instead got up and gathered he things she gave him.

Before he walked the door, wincing a bit from the soreness of the marks on his skin, he looks back at her slightly. "Thank you." He simply says before he left.

When the door closed, Esther fell onto her knees, dejected. Why isn't she good enough for anybody? What about her does she lack that other females and males alike have that makes them desirable? Ever since her old lover left her, it's like a love curse was placed on her. In her mind is this.

She's not good enough for anybody, not even herself.