RWBY 22

Vergil: You insane buffoon! you assigned Summer on a mission to kill Salem?! Alone?!

The next morning, after storming into his office, Vergil snaps at Ozpin, with Summer trying to calm him down.

Vergil: You told me she is evil incarnate! You say she is a ruthless monster, yet you send one person to kill her?!

With a surprised expression from his unusual outburst, Ozpin looks at Vergil.

Ozpin: Vergil, let me explain--

Vergil: Do you even realize how idiotic that is?! Because of you, Summer had to make the choice to sacrifice herself, for her family! Do you know what that did to Ruby?!

Summer: Vergil, please!

She grabs his hand, and gazes into his eyes with a pleading expression.

Summer: Please calm down. At least for me.

He looks at her for a moment before taking a deep breath, while Ozpin sighs.

Ozpin: Summer...possesses the silver eyes. Not only that, she is the summer maiden. With that strength in her disposal, I thought she'd be able to destroy Salem.

His right eye twitching, Vergil seethes.

Vergil: Yes, Summer is powerful, but based on the fact that she was gone for 10 years following your orders, it's safe to say she was not strong enough. How did that make you feel, hm? Did it make you upset your sacrifice didn't live up to your expectations?

Ozpin: No, nothing of the sort.

Vergil: Then answer me this, who else are you going to send to do the dirty work? Is Ruby next? She also possesses the silver eyes, which I am very sure you are aware of. Is she also going to be sacrificed for your goals?

Summer: Th-that isn't going to happen...right, Ozpin?

Ozpin looks down, and Summer's eyes widen. Gently wrapping an arm around the woman, Vergil sighs while gripping Yamato.

Vergil: What is your plan, Ozpin? How are you going to defeat this Salem woman?

Ozpin: I...I am not sure.

Vergil: ...Are you serious? You have all your resources, you have Ironwood, Goodwitch, and Qrow. They are willing to help, yet you're not sure? Tch...

He rubs his face in exasperation, before continuing.

Vergil: How many? How many lives have been lost in this battle against your apparent nemesis?

Ozpin: More than I can count.

Vergil: Then why don't you end it already?

Ozpin: I...I can't.

Vergil: And why is that?

Ozpin: I can't tell you.

Vergil: ...Hmph, you're making it very hard to believe in you, Ozpin.

He stares at the man for a while, before turning around, and heading to the elevator with Summer.

Before they leave, Vergil turns back around, and points his sheathed blade at Ozpin.

Vergil: I will not allow you to use Ruby as some pawn. I don't care if I have to fight you, I refuse to let that happen.

Ozpin: I promise it won't come to that.

Vergil: Then tell me you won't use her.

The headmaster glances down for a second, thinking to himself, before looking back up.