7: Jiang FengMain tests Wei Ying's abilities

'Hey Wei WuXian ... are you going to introduce us so we can get this moving?'

'Cheng, Uncle FengMian, this is Wen Ning ... apparently he was partly turned into a fierce corpse but he has his soul and mind of his own. He is their protector and ... I think he will be a great friend.'

'Wait, are you saying he is a fierce corpse but ....'

'Is very much alive ... just ... kind of a little dead at the same time.' he grinned as he patted Wen Ning's shoulder. 'If you wish to check, he has a heartbeat and is breathing.' He watched as both Uncle FengMian and Jiang Cheng both checked for themselves only to show their wonder of it.

As they were doing this Wei Ying noticed Wen Qing walk out of the house and over to them.

'My brother told me you would be coming when he woke up like this a couple of weeks ago ... I didn't believe him but I watched as he protected us from a pack of fierce corpses by himself. My brother has not so much as lifted a sword in his life ... so I am inclined to believe him when he told us that this off shoot will be safe with you.'

'Wen Quin, I promise, you will live a better life than you have and would have if the Wen RuoHan came and took you away.'

'You can not promise that, you are not the sect leader.' She stood there with her arms folded, daring him to say otherwise.

He giggled happily as he enjoyed her brash way. 'I know that silly ... so I brought Uncle FengMian the sect leader and my sect brother Jiang Cheng the sect heir so you knew I was not just playing a bad joke on you.'

'How can we trust you?'

He again became that serious person he used to be, his smile vanished. 'How can you trust a sect leader who would take you in for such a short time just because he believed you would be helpful to his sect, then throw you away like you were nothing but trouble when you fail one single act. Wen Quin, with the Jiang Sect, people are not thrown away quite so pathetically as you all have been ... and your healing talents will be strengthened by powerful backing, will it not.'

Wen Quin took a breath then looked to Jiang FengMian and bowed with respect. 'Sect Leader, if my small healing sect was to go with you, will they be treated like any other of your people. Protected from those who wish them harm?'

'Of course.' He had instantly realised that he would take them with him for their protection. If the Wen Sect Leader was to find out about this Wen Ning, the whole off shoot would be in danger. 'Wen Ning ... do you mind me asking you a few questions?'

'I do not mind. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.'

Wei Ying frowned at his words. Wen Ning used to say he promised to always tell the truth, but now it was ... to the best of his abilities? Then there was a flicker of Wen Ning's glance towards him and Wei Ying realised he would not mention that they both had memories of their lives ... that they were both reliving. He gave a quick nod.

'Very well. Do you have any idea what happened, before this happened to you? Before the fierce corpse thing?'

Wen Ning decided to tell them of what he remembered about the last life. 'Well ... I'm not sure ... but ... it was dark and cold ... and very wet, there was a pain in my stomach like I had been stabbed, I was on the brink of death, then I heard someone kind, they gently called me back and I wanted nothing more than to help that person who was in such pain. I then woke up ... like this ... but I will never harm anyone ... I kill fierce corpses and ghouls but not living people ... unless ...' he stalled.