5: Plans for the future

That afternoon after training with everyone and his own drills were finished, Wei Ying sat on the dock with a deep frown as he ate lotus seeds. For some reason today his heart not only mourned his husband but also remembered in detail the fact that Jiang Cheng had thrown him away, tried to kill him, and wanted nothing to do with him .... Even thought that was another life, he was not really able to look him in the eye at the moment. So he had just walked to the docks. 'This is really not a dream. Dreams are not minute to minute. I've not lost any time, jumped to another place and people do not just appear or disappear before me. I even slept and dreamed about Cloud Recesses. If this was a dream, I'm sure by now he would have appeared before me with those desired filled eyes and jumped me.' He giggled as he remembered his dreams of his husband but suddenly dropped the rest of the seeds in his hand and fell backwards to lie on the dock with his feet dangling in the water. 'I miss you.' He closed his eyes and sorted thing out in his head. So this is really not a dream, I am back to being young, before the Wen clan destroy everyone's lives. Before I met Lan Zhan ... oh Lan Zhan, I have to win you again. He looked to the cloud which floated across the sky as he spoke to the gods. If you are upset that I keep going over and over this part ... I am sorry but, I love that man and I needed to make sure before committing to this ... now I am, I will live this life over again, with that man by my side ... but first ... there are things I can to do from today onwards that will change the future. I will fight to change people's fate. Save this sect and all the others. 'First ...' he sat up straight. 'I need to find and protect Wen Ning and Wen Quin and in turn A-Yuan when he is born. After that I will do all I can to help Xue Yang before his little finger is cut off. Try to sort out Jin ZiXuan so he does not hurt YanLi and have Cheng understand his father does love him and make him realise having a strong person at his back does not make him weak ... well ... that's not too much to ask for is it ..... Who am I kidding .... This will be difficult ... just how do I convince Uncle to accept these people into his sect without telling him the truth. And all of that is before I have to stop a war .... Easy .... Not.' He thought for a while longer.

Just as he was getting up to look for his uncle, he felt something coming from the water. He stood up and looked into the depths before a smile formed and he dived in head first. It's been so long since I did it this way because Zhan always worried about me getting hurt so I stopped.

The people who had seen him dive in moved forwards when he seemed to take too long to surface. But even when they began to move even closer, ready to go in after him, they all gasped in shock when Wei Ying and two water ghouls sprang from the water and landed on the dock a dripping wet mess, but before anyone could do more than yell; Wei Ying had drawn his sword and killed both ghouls with a single slash of Suibian. He then sheathed the sword, put on his shoes and lifted both ghouls by the hair and dragged them from the dock.

'Sorry for the disturbance everyone, I will just get rid of this pair.'

'Wei WuXian ... why are you dragging those around? ... your not thinking of using them for a prank are you young man?'

'No I will never do that, I just killed them and they need burying.'

'Leave that to us.'

'Really?' he looked at the two workers as they walked over and grabbed the dead ghouls.

'Yes. We managed to kill one yesterday and now this pair ... I wonder why there are three water ghouls around this area so close together?'

'Thank you for taking care of them. Wait.' He called out as they were starting to walk away. 'Did you happen to notice anything .... Strange or abnormal about the water ghoul you killed yesterday?'