13: To deal with Jin GuangYao without killing him

To Wei Ying's surprise, it was only six weeks later that Wei Ying noted Jin GuangYao in Lotus Pier walking beside Nie HuaiSang, who had the white and blue fan with black and red highlight fan in his hand even as Jin GuangYao strutted along beside him with that damned smile. That little worm was lucky Wei Ying didn't kill him there and then; instead he raced back to his room and locked the door. With deep breaths he did all he could to calm himself. It had taken a whole day of locking himself in his room to contain himself.

Five times someone knocked on his door and he told them he was just not feeling well but would be back to himself tomorrow. Even when Jiang Cheng and Jaing YanLi knocked for meal times he said he was sorry and really was not hungry.

The next day, he came out of his room and smiled politely when he was introduced to Nie HuaiSang who used the fan to waft air over his face.

'I am very sorry for not being able to greet you yesterday Nie HuaiSang ... I hope Jiang Cheng has been hospitable at least.'

'Oi, I was, do you really need to ask such a question?'

'Oh .... No .... You would always be the perfect host ....' He frowned to Nie HuaiSang. 'He did give you a tour right?'

'Ye ....' Nie HuaiSang stopped and hid his face when Jiang Cheng grabbed Wei WuXian around the neck and roughed up his hair.

'You seem to forget, I'm the one in charge here ...'

'Apart form your mother, your father, your sister ...'

'YanLi, you think ....'

'Do you want to tell your dear sister she needs to follow your orders Cheng?' he felt himself released.

'Fine. I will give way to an older sister.'

'Wei WuXian, I have heard some good things about you.'

'So nothing from Cheng then ... trust me, I'm better than he will let on.' He laughed and ducked as a hand tried to swipe at him only to catch sight of Jin GuangYao. 'I'm sorry, I didn't see you there?' he gave every indication of not wanting to pull out Suibian and run him through.

'Wei WuXian, this is my assistant Jin GuangYao.'

'Greetings Young Master Wei WuXian.'

'Greetings Jin GuangYao ... that's a nice fan you have there Nie HuaiSang.'

'Oh thank you. I've been looking everywhere to find where it was made.'

'Didn't you buy it?'

'Oh no, it was a gift.'

'Then surly you can ask the person who gave it to you?'

'Unfortunately, I do not even know who gave it to me. It was placed in my room that was surrounded by guards.'

'I keep telling him he should just get rid of it as it may be a trap.' Jin GuangYao said with that wounded smile.

'No, I don't think it is a trap and I refuse to get rid of it.'

Nie HuaiSang fluttered the fan this way and that in a way that Wei Ying had not seen anyone do since he taught Nie HuaiSang in his last life. That was one part he had placed in the booklet. 'Wow, smooth move you have.'

'Thank you, I have been practicing moves with it as it looks so pretty.'

'May I see it? I may be able to tell where it was made?'

'Of course.' He handed over his prize possession with a happy smile.

Wei WuXian pretended to inspect the fan in detail but didn't show he knew where the hidden mechanisms were. He unfolded it and looked at the painting of a pheasant in flight. 'It really is well made and the painting is not something we sell here. I kind of resembles GusuLan Sect art but not quite. The fan base is not like the others I have seen in the areas I've visited. Interesting length when it's open also.' He showed that it reached just over the one hundred and eighty degree span of other fans. 'The base is made of metal but it's details is not like the Wen fans who are the ones who like to use metal. The material might be from the Jin area but the painting is nothing like they would do ... very interesting.' He folded it back up and handed it over only to find the three of them looking at him in surprise. 'What?'

'How do you know so much about fans?' Cheng asked.

'I know you will never believe me but .... I studied them for over fifty years in my last life so ..... awwwwwe.' He whined when Cheng landed a hit to his arm.

'Stop talking nonsense.'

'Fine, I have read the scrolls in the Jiang Sect library after doing some mending, one of those scrolls was about fans of the different areas and another was about paintings of the sects.'

Throughout the whole visit, Wei Ying forced himself to smile and be polite to Jin GuangYao ... and it was not a pleasant thing for him to do.