34: Three Lan's listen in

Above image, I just really needed a cute image.

Author's note (question)

Hello everyone. I hate to interrupt your reading of my story but ..... This morning I woke with the weirdest question in my mind. And it is the following.

'Why do we look at the map of the earth like we do? I know that north is up and south is down .... But .... That is just a human's thought from when maps were beginning to be made. That is why we see the world as we do .... Like this.... In every map. We always see the map like this.

Well if you are looking at it from the outside

Well if you are looking at it from the outside ... pretend you are on an alien space ship (if you believe, if not ... use imagination) .... with no compass like earth has .....

This might be how you look at earth.  Who said up is up and down is down. (I am not referring to gravity.)

We all naturally place earth this way as all the images of earth are like this

If you discount all maps that mankind made, ignore the invention of the compass .....  

But is that the way it really is?

Also ... another thought that popped into my head one time.

We all look up at the sky and it does kind of look like there is a solid blue barrier up there, kids draw a blue barrier for the sky, but one day I looked up and thought ....

There is literally nothing up there. It's not really blue sky ... it's open space that, because of the blue light being refracted to our eyes, we see as blue.

The truth is, it is a vast nothing space that goes on forever.

The stars we see now are already long gone .... 

The ocean looks blue .... but water is clear .... reflected light tells us what the colour is.

................