47: Wen Ning terrorises Cloud Recesses gate guards

Later that day a commotion was heard from entrance of the Cloud Recesses so Wei Ying and Lan Zhan hurried to find out what was wrong.

'It's a fierce corpse.'

'N...no .... I'm not ..... I'm .....'

'Cut it down before it kills anyone.' As the guard stepped forwards, sword drawn to kill the danger ............ a sliver flash knocked his sword from his hand. He turned to see HanGuang-Jun and Wei WuXian stepping through the gates.

'Wen Ning ... it's good to see you ....' Wei Ying started only to find the young man throw himself into his arms and weep.

'Wei WuXian ... I promise ... I ... didn't do anything wrong .... I just .... Wanted to see ... you.'

'I know, I know. Calm down so I can .....'

'A-Ning.'

'Auntie Yu ... I'm really sorry .... For causing trouble for you ..... But I really wanted to see him.'

Lan Zhan had stood by for as long as he could handle seeing a man in Wei Ying's arms that was not him. 'Wei Ying .... Care to introduce me?' he needed to fight every instinct that rose in him.

'Lan Zhan, this is Wen Ning .....'

'Is he not a fierce corpse?'

'Well, not really ..... really should have shown you that in empathy. When we went and collected him and his sect, he was ten and now he has grown. Technically he is one, but he has breath, heartbeat, eats, and drinks, ages ... he is alive.'

'Interesting.'

'Sorry.' He took Lan Zhan's hand to calm that possessive streak just a little. I should have realised seeing Wen Ning in my arms would upset him a little. 'Wen Ning, Auntie Yu this is HanGuang-Jun, I call him Lan Zhan ... but only me.' He wagged his finger at Wen Ning who blushed. 'We are a couple and that is why.' He grinned up at the pink eared man who smiled at him. 'Lan Zhan, this is Wen Ning and Auntie Yu.'

'Madame Yu ZiYuan, it is a pleasure to meet you.' Lan Zhan gave a deep respectful bow then turned to Wen Ning. 'Young Master Wen Ning ... It's a .... Pleasure to greet a friend of Wei Ying.' He gave a small bow but didn't remove his eyes from the young man, not because he thought he was a danger, but .... he touched Wei Ying. He didn't like that in the least. I must keep an eye on him.

'Lan Zhan, Wen Ning is like a brother to me, and he and his sister Wen Quin are remarkable healers.'

'....hmn.'

'So when did this happen?'

'Well Auntie Yu ... not too long ago ... Wait ... I thought that is why you came?'

'No, I received a message from A-Cheng stating that you were unwell and really should come and visit quickly. If it was not for certain things, I would have flown here. Anyway, I see your chosen partner is rather ... possessive of you Wei WuXian?'

'Yes ... isn't he just the cutest.' He finally broke and wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan. 'Just take a breath and calm down.' He then whispered into his ear. 'I'm yours and only yours.' Surprisingly those words made Lan Zhan relax in his arms.

'Well, if the both of you have finished flirting with each other ... I would like to talk with Sect Leader XiChen please.'

'Wait Auntie Yu ... did you not come with Uncle?'

'You think I need his protection ....'

'No, no, no, no. no .... That is not what I mean. I know you are more than able to protect yourself and Wen Ning is an amazing fighter with or without a sword ... however ....'