45: Su She's punishment is announced ... then doubled.

After Su She found his hand empty he frowned deeply. 'What?' he looked at the ground around him and saw nothing. 'What tricks are you playing now?'

'Don't worry; it's just a little gift from ... well ... everyone. It is meant to be used on a jealous woman when she sets her sights on a taken man. But I think it will work in this case also.'

'Where did you learn this talisman Wei WuXian?' XiChen looked at the pair still in each other arms.

'Oh ... like all those other things we have discussed ..... I read it in a book somewhere?' he giggled happily only to hear Lan Zhan laugh. Wei Ying looked at his brother only to find his mouth hanging open before a smile bloomed.

Wei Ying leant in and whispered into Lan Zhan's ear. 'By the time we return, that spell will have taken over and he will never think about the pair of us ever again. Even if we walk past him holding hands, he will just keep walking. But slowly his true nature will be exposed and no one will ever join a sect founded by him.'

'Wei Ying, you did not give me the chance to run him through.'

Wei Ying felt his heart flutter madly at the sad puppy look of Lan Zhan's. Who would have thought this man could wear such an adorable look? 'Sorry. I was just thinking of the GusuLan Sect rules and how you love to uphold them.'

'You are far more important to me than any of that.'

Wei Ying felt his heart skip a dozen beats and his knees tremble. 'My love, please, I beg of you, give me some warning before you say anything so ... romantically cute again ... I thought my heart would give up on me.' He pulled his lover in and kissed him.

'Okay. I will try to remember that, just for you.' He grinned openly then laughed as Wei Ying seemed to almost fall to his knees. 'Let's go to the pool for a bath.' He lifted Wei Ying up into his arms and walked off, not even thinking of the idiot about to be punished.

As Lan XiChen took Su She away, no one realised that Master Lan had been watching from a short distance only to stand there in utter shock when WangJi openly smiled and laughed not to mention he kissed Wei Ying in front of Su She. He was not stupid or deaf ... he had heard almost all the disciples whispering about how some of them had seen WangJi kiss Wei WuXian even though there were people around them.

On top of that, the look of utter devotion on Wei WuXian's face was not just for his nephew ... it was also devotion to the GusuLan Sect, he was protecting the sect as if it were already his own. He turned around and walked away, following his other nephew.

Sure he had never agreed that WangJi should be allowed to follow the cut sleeve way and had done many things to stop it, but .... he had never seen his nephew so open and willing to talk about how he feels. Never seen him so protective of anyone, not even himself and XiChen. The truth was .... He had never seen WangJi happy .... Ever. Ugh ... this is so annoying, I have lived one way and now I have to change it for WangJi to be happy? He raced after XiChen.

He walked into the hall where Su She was kneeling before XiChen.

'Lan Su She ... I want to hear your side before I make my decision.' XiChen said but in his heart, he had already made up his mind.

'I was patrolling in the back hills when I came across ... Wei WuXian. When I asked him why he was there, he lied to me so I was just trying to get him out of the private area.'

'But you drew your sword on him even thought he told you he had permission from HanGuang-Jun to be there.'

'Like I would ever believe that. They were not even on speaking terms ... so of course I reasoned he was just lying like he always does.' Su She looked over to Master Lan. 'All those times I came to you after I witnessed him sneaking out with liquor ...'

'I never found him ... even once.'

'That is not my fault ... Master Lan ... I have always only ever thought of the GusuLan Sect's reputation and he is destroying that. Pulling HanGuang-Jun into his ways ...'

'Wrong.' XiChen said firmly.

'.... For as long as I have been in the GusuLan Sect, HanGuang-Jun has never looked at a single man ... it is reasonable to ...'

'I have known since we were very young that my brother preferred men. In fact the only other person my brother has ever been taken by was a little homeless boy when he was only seven ... WangJi had been given a little toy drum by our mother just before she died and always carried it with him, one day he returned from town without it and I asked him where his favourite toy was ... he smiled and told me he gave it to the prettiest boy he had ever seen. WangJi was so taken by him, he gave up his most prized toy just to see that boy smile ... and now there is another person who makes him smile and laugh ... and forget there are other people around him.' he chuckled at the memory of walking around a corner only to see a few students rushing past him with blushes. When he looked around the corner, sure enough WangJi was kissing Wei WuXian. 'I will be supporting their relationship and will not allow anyone to damage them.'

Su She kneeled there seething at his words. 'The other sect leaders will not accept quite so easily.'

'I really do not care. If they do not harm either of them, they can say whatever they like as that is their right. However for your actions against Wei WuXian you will have your guard privileges revoked until I personally deem you worthy of them. Also if Master Lan agrees, you will be undergoing a three month seclusion in your room. Your meals will be brought to you, your water for washing will be brought and your clothes will be taken, washed and returned. You are not to step foot outside your room and you will spend this time reflecting on your errors.' He refused to look away from Su She's angry gaze.

'I agree however, make it six months. Drawing a sword even if he was just another visiting student would be against the rules, we can not have such behaviours shown to anyone.' Master Lan said sternly.

'I agree with your sentence. That is all.' He looked over to the two men at the door. 'You will take Su She to his room and make sure there are guards all day and night. From this day, for the next six months, he is to have no visitors either.'

'Yes Sect Leader.'

After watching Su She removed from the hall, Master Lan took his nephew for a walk so they could talk in private.

Su She was walked into his room and then heard the door behind him close with a snicker from the two men who had brought him there.

'No visitors for six months ... how the hell are we to make plans if we can not meet.'

'Hey .... Su She ... over here.' An almost unnoticed voice drifted from the open window.

He rushed over and found Jin GuangYao standing by the window. 'Be careful, if you are seen, I do not know what they will do.' He whispered so the people outside the door would not hear him.

'Don't worry about me ... I was by the hall and heard you being sentenced ... but what is this about?'

'That Wei WuXian ... he has somehow stepped around what we set up ... now they are ... partners.'

'Just as well I called off that plan before. Do not worry ... I will see what I can do with a few words to Lan XiChen.'

'Be ...'

'Someone is coming ... I will try to return another time.' Jin GuangYao raced away just before the person turned the corner and walked up to the window with a smirk.

'No visitors means ... no visitors, even by the window.'

Su She was about to say something but the blinds on the outside were slammed shut on him. 'This sect is no longer worth it's reputation ... and people are beginning to understand this.'

'What are you going to do about that ... start your own sect .... Heheheheheh.' The man from outside the window laughed at the idea.

However, Su She had long since begun to think about that ... and many things were already on the move. A smile slowly formed as he walked to the cushion and began to make plans for the future.

'Six months is nothing when the rest of my life is just waiting for me.' A grin formed. 'Me, a sect leader ... now that sounds more like the respect I deserve.'