Last night part 1

Sokka's POV

This party was a huge deal, I could make my move and get closer to Suki, it's about time that I become more serious about the relationship I want with her, I stood in front of my bedroom mirror looking at my outfit, it wasn't too formal so I wasn't going to wear anything fancy, a shirt and jeans should do me just fine. I heard the door open and raised a brow watching Aang walk through. For a monk he had amazing style. He wore a yellow and orange striped T-shirt with a white shirt underneath it with baggy jeans. "Aang come here a sec", I watched him walk over and undid his top button and messed his outfit up a little to make it less neat. "okay now you look like you're going to a party", I grinned and grabbed my blue tie dyed denim jacket. "we better go downstairs and wait for Katara". We walked down and sat waiting for what felt like ages.

"sorry I made you wait boys", Katara smiled as she walked down the stairs going over to a mirror to quickly fix her hair and makeup, she had it half up and half down and wore her camel crepe check pinafore dress with a long sleeved black jumper underneath. I looked back at Aang seeing him blush and struggle to take his eyes off her. I waved a hand in front of his face and smirked. "You okay there buddy?", I chuckled then stood up with him and walked out with Katara following closely behind. "Hey Aang, doesn't Katara look nice tonight?", I nudged him keeping the smirk on my face. Oh I definitely know he had a crush on her it's totally obvious, and I'm okay with it. But if he hurts her. Damn that kid is done for.

"D-Definitely, you look stunning Katara", Aang rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at her. "Aw thank you boys, you don't look too bad yourself", Katara blushed lightly. We finally got to the school and saw Toph with Suki outside the building. "Hey ladies!", I beamed and ran over to get a closer look at Suki, she was absolutely stunning, she wore a casual long sleeved lime coloured shirt dress with long black socks. "wow Suki", I felt my mouth water slightly, keep it together Sokka you aren't an animal, you're a gentleman. I looked her up and down. "you look amazing", I smiled then felt someone poke my shoulder and clear their throat, I turned around to see Toph wore an olive green jumpsuit. "What do you think?", Toph blushed lightly. "Damn Toph that colour really suits you", I chuckled and walked in with them both leaving Aang and Katara behind.

Aang's POV

and just like that Sokka left. I needed him to stick around so I knew what to do at this party, I wasn't really sure what one was, all I knew is that it's a mass gathering of people to have fun. I felt Katara link her arm into mine. I jumped slightly and looked down at her seeing her smile at me. "What? you seemed nervous, I'm guessing you haven't been to a party before, I'll help you get your head around it", Katara was so beautiful, I let my eyes wonder down to her lips, I began to think of the dream I had of kissing her and snapped out of it blushing deep red. We made it to the main hall and looked around seeing Azula did a pretty good job at decorating in such a small time, there was music, food, balloons and my class mates were all there.

"You go find a table for us, I'll go get some punch", Katara patted my back then walked away, I don't like it when she leaves, but I love watching her walk away, what's wrong with me now I'm thinking super bad thoughts, I sighed and shook my head finding Sokka and the girls at a table, walking over. "Hey guys", I sat down and smiled looking around, the energy of the room feels really positive, it made me want to dance. "come on Sokka, let's go up there and dance", Toph stood up and pulled Sokka up with her. I watched him hesitantly walk with her. "See you in a bit!". I looked over at Suki and saw her smile fade. "Suki? are you okay?", I frowned softly, was she not having a good time. "It's complicated Aang", Suki crossed her arms on the table.

"Maybe you'll feel better talking to a monk? give it a go?", I chuckled. "Alright then. Well. I'm in love with Sokka, and I have been for years, I've been waiting for him to give me a sign to show he's ready for a relationship, but after befriending Toph, she's fallen for him too, and I don't want to take her love away and ruin a friendship", Suki began to cry but quickly wiped her small tears away so no one could see. "Well, from my perspective, Sokka's pretty in to you, and seems awkward around Toph, see what happens with tonight? it's a party right? I've heard anything could happen at one of these", I grinned. "Dude it's so weird that you are a kid and you talk like an old guy", Suki shook her head and chuckled.

Katara's POV

I was stood in a line waiting to be served some punch, this party seems pretty good, I want to stand out tonight, I want to be a teenager, not an adult, I want to have fun, do something wild, I don't know punch Azula across the face. Who am I kidding that isn't me, I'm just boring Katara. It was finally my turn, I smiled and walked over. "two glasses of punch please", I waited and looked down zoning out. "Katara?", I turned around to see Jet. "Oh, jet what're you doing here? I thought this wasn't your scene?", I smirked deciding to tease him.

"It isn't, but I thought I shouldn't miss out, I should come and make it my scene", he took the two glasses of punch and passed one to me, drinking the one for Aang. He's right, I need to make it my scene too. "Drink up", he smirked as he watched me drink. Not gonna lie. He's pretty scary, you never know what he's smiling about. "This punch tastes a little weird", I looked into the glass and raised a brow. "Yeah, can we have six more please?", Jet turned away keeping his smirk. "Hmm, okay then", guess I'll be drinking my body weight in off punch for my wild night.